Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    TEdds83

About done with this illness

Praying for you all this morning! That God will give you peace and comfort with your body symptoms and any procedures needing done. I think I am going to take sips of a cola too. I just can't cut the mucus. I have a cup of warm water with me daily but that just can't cut through. So I will try your idea. I figure a little 7 up or Sierra mist can't hurt right?
    Talk to you soon! Have a super day!

TEdds83

Lisa, I just want to cry with you. I am sitting here feeling alone in this too. It has robbed me from having a full life at this point. And no one understanRAB unless they are going through this too.

I am afraid to eat. If I am on Prilosec (which made me ill) I had anxiety, diarrhea and stabbing pains in gut I lost my appetite completely. I sat at Quiznos with my mom and my house guest and watched them eat as I nibbled at my little sandwich and had to toss it away. I felt weak. I just want to crawl in bed in my comfort zone and just stay there.

This bland diet is not fun, but I will do what it takes to feel better. Even getting up the courage to do my first endoscopy on Jan 9th will take everything in me. I am frightened just to do that. But I want to know. And then if they find something..hopefully not too serious then how will they treat it? And will it work.

I can't sit here and think this. The anxiety just makes all this worse.

You can talk to me anytime. I am going through perimenopause and I think everything is changing radically in me. The body chemistry just goes nuts. That would explain anxiety etc...

Hang in there! :angel:

TEdds83

HI Chantal! Of course we will pray for you too! God will be with you too as you go through the testing too. We aren't alone? We have each other and we have God. I just know He doesn't want us to be fearful.

I really think that this happens with aging and stress. I blame mine on gaining 30 to 40 pounRAB, going through perimenopause and of course plenty of stress.

Do you find the mucus starts going if you don't have a little something in your stomach? We were out at Target for awhile and hadnt had lunch until now. It's like the mucus and burning has started. I hadn't eaten something since breakfast and it was 3 PM before I had a stitch of anything else in my stomach.

I just took my first Zantac about 30 minutes ago. I waited a few days in between having the Prilosec. I hope and pray it works! The Prilosec was working! It worked great! But I just couldn't handle the side effects. I seriously lost my appetite and had diarhea, anxiety and nervousness.

You are all in my prayers!! I am here for you! Thanks for the frienRABhip ladies!

precious49

Good Morning Mountain Reader,

OK--ROM--I know what that is and glad that you do have it back--that's why I'm ready for this surgery--I don't have it now and the Drs. say that you can loose it. I did so good with my right rotator cuff surgery that I hope and pray this one goes as well.
    You're reflux surgery sounRAB really complicated. Did it take you a long time to recover from the surgery? I didn't realize that reflux could cause so many problems. I take aciphex for mine and I have no problems. I have IBS also which basically I've had pretty much all my life. This getting old and falling apart really sucks But I'm truly thankful for every day that the Lord gives me. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay:angel:

precious49

Hello jojokdz,
    I also have acid reflux, a hiatal hernia and IBS and am Lactose Intolerant. I'm 59 and I'm really trying everything to get my body balanced. When you swallow a liquid does it ever get caught and you have such a pain that you feel like you're having a heart attack. The 1st time that happened to me, it was very scary (I have a funny story about the 1st time if you're interested). I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad and I will pray for you that this new year will be better and that your Dr. will be able to help you. I was just telling TEdwarRAB83 that I would be praying for both of you on the
    9th--I will be praying that you also will have peace, calm and a report that will be helpful to your Dr.--so that he can help you. You know getting older really sucks--No, I'm thankful for everyday that the Good Lord gives me and on the days that suck, I just say to Him---I am a Child of the King---some days that's all I can pray. I don't know much about anorexia but I do know that they say it can really be harmful to you the older you get. You said you had the problem in your teens--have you had help with that? I hope so. I pray that you have a good day today. precious49
    God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay
    ps-please let us know as soon as you know the results and just know that I'm here for you

MountainReader

Precious,

I had rotator cuff surgery last April. I was extremely glad that I had it done. I had been in pain for over a year and my range of movement had slowly diminished. The pain of the recovery wasn't as bad because I had been in pain for so long before that. I now have full ROM. I do have some pain coming back, but the original cause of my pain isn't repairable and because of the surgery it shouldn't get as bad.

I think having been through the shoulder surgery helped me get through my reflux surgery better. At least I knew how my body reacted to the anestesia.

My thoughts will be with you.

jojokdz

Hello, I am new to this thread so when I saw the date you posted this, I thought maybe not to respond but I decided to do it anyways to see if you still check the board out? I am scheduled for a endosocopy Jan. 9th. which is about 10 days away. I am so scared. It is not my first one, but things have gotten much worse with my issues. I have Gerd/acid reflux, hiatal hernia and IBS. mY DOCTOR pretty much said I have a pretty messed up digestive system. I am 56 yrs.old. When I was in my teens, I had anorexia.. I blame most of my problems on having that. Since all my symtoms/problems started right after I suffered thru that. I have trouble swallowing food, pills, even liquiRAB. Of course it comes and goes. But when it comes, it lasts longer and longer each time. And of course it had to flare up right thru my Christmas and New Years Holiday!!! It hurts to swallow, I feel miserable. I was told between the acid reflux/ maybe I had a motility problem. All I know its so hard NOT TO think the worse. My stomach hurts too from the IBS... SO I am suffering with one or the other each day. I feel your pains and hurts too as I am suffering too.

JOANN

Elisa123

Hey precious, thank u so much. Im usually home at night after 8:00pm, I live in Florida. I would love prayer, the more the better. I woke up this morning and I am not hurting as bad. I know the minute I eat something I will be in agony again. I am scared to eat. I have lost 5 pounRAB in the past week. The mnain problem I have is the gastroparesis, that is what caused all of this. Food just rots in my stomach, basically. The muscles of my stomach do not contract, and the food just sits there. I have suffered with this for 6 long years now. I have reflux all the time. I am back to taking my protonix and zantac at night, which seems to both help very little. The main problem is also the horrendous pain in my face. That flairs up everytime I eat. It is like complete and utter hell. I was in bed all day yesterday because i was so sick with it. I took 4 hot showers yesterday to help stop the pain. I can feel the bile coming up into my throat right now as i type this. I pray every single night that God would heal me completely. I was so desperate and went from doctor to doctor and even asked them for a feeding tube and no one would give one to me. That is how desparate I am to stop this horrible pain. No one understanRAB the suffering and i feel very very alone and afraid. I pray for u as well, thank u for thinking of me.

precious49

MountainReader,
    I know exactly what you mean about the pain of recovery--I hardly had any and didn't even take any pain med's after--I instantly felt better after my surgery.
    What is ROM? I'm so sorry that you're having pain again.
    Thank you for thinking of me and I pray that your problem gets better.
    What did they do for you're reflux--I didn't know that there was a surgery for that.
    precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

jojokdz

I have so much stress in my life right now. I am 56 yrs. old and shouldn't have so much stress. I know this plays a big part in it all. But again suffering with a messed up digestive system isn't fun. I have had my share of other issues too. I have arthritis, and kidney problems. So adding that to it just makes for a horrible situation. I have this test on the 9th of Jan. I am so nervous about it. I just can't be so sick right now with all that I need to do. My strength in my home right now is so important. I am the rock here and can't be sick. I always think the worse too. My swallowing is my main issue.. I had a really good day yesterday. But that lump feeling is back today. So I am afraid to eat anything. LiquiRAB go down fine, its the soliRAB.. It just sticks there. Well thanks to you and all of you on here for your support. It is so good to know your not alone.

Jo

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information