Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

is it right for my dad to be complaining about money?

i dont think that its right for him to be complaining about him always supporting my mother for 29 years because he made a commitment when he got married plus my mother cannot work because she has a heart disorder and he always saying "i've been supporting this bitch for 29 years" and im only 20 i have a job and i contribute to the house as much as i can so do u think its right for him to be complaining about the money situation?

Unregistered
    i think you should focus on your mother and getting her healthy. Your dad is money hungry, i can tell he's the type to basically ask for money every month without even saying how was your day, I love you or I'm proud of you. The best things is to look for a CAREER in an industry you love. Move you and your mom out and get your own place. Don't even tell him about your CAREER, pretend your working at a dead end low paying job, still pay him what you were paying him and save as much as you can. Don't spend on stupid things you don't need for ex: RC cars,Phones, and any electronics you like. Be frugal and careful with money, don't go out to the movies or concerts either. Just focus on the goal which is getting out safe and sound.

Unregistered
    Parents are constantly complaining about smallest stuff, do this:

Steps

Simply walk away calmly after your parent's rant. Go to your room and lie down for a little while.

Sometimes your parents will call you to wherever they are and you just act like nothing happens. Usually you would talk to them but depending on the parents they could get offended.
      If you have an upstairs and they're in the room right below you don't jump off your bed then you'll just get in more trouble.
      Cry if you have to but don't EVER let your parents see because then you have to explain. Again people can get offended plus your parents might start the whole, "Well..." speech AVOID THAT!
      This may sound stupid but you should take a moment to meditate and get your mind off things
      If you have a stress relieving technique use it. Good Luck!

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    These are great tips to settling conflict and it sounds like a problem that many households have. Financial problems are some of the largest contributors to stress within the family and it sounds like your dad is not handling it in a healthy manner.

I simply agree that when it comes to these types of problems the question is not whether or not he has a right to complain, it's how you and everyone else deals with it.

He may or may not have a legitimate beef, but there are so many dynamics at work that it would be difficult to come to any sort of solid answer.

I hope that you find a way through it and if all else fails it may be time to move out on your own. This doesn't mean abandoning your family, but sometimes conflicts are easier to resolve when you are away from it.

If you already to live outside of the house then you should feel comfortable in knowing that you are doing all you can.

Good luck!

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe your father is just stressed out and cannot handle it better. See if he is having some problems of his own and just masking it by whining. Paying attention to your mother is also essential. Is it a serious heart disorder? Maybe she can do something to be productive like baking or the like. Ask your mom if she wants to do something like that to take her mind of her disorder.

Unregistered
    if hes worked all his life and feels like hes accomplished very little its normal for him to be complaining.he might feel like he works his but off and everyone else is lazy.he could of divorced her when she got diagnosed with a heart disorder and she would of got very little.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information