Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    dpsjeep93

Esophyx TIF - Procedure 4-21-2010

I completed my TIF procedure yesterday 4.21.2010. So far I am experiencing chest pain like a big knot and difficulty breathing. I was wondering I am a 6' 0"320 lb man and was wondering how much weight people were losing? My procedure actually started on 3./17.2010 but I had to stop due to my waking up during intubation. I have a difficult airway and had to be intubated through my nostrils while awake. I have had GERD since I was 19 and am really hoping to get off meRAB....So far since 3.17.2010 I have lost 14 lbs. The liquid diet is horrid and I have to get creative. Any suggestions and how much weight are you all losing?

hawkins6

Esophyx TIF - Procedure 4-21-2010

Glad you had a successful procedure. The worst is behind you. I had mine in Deceraber. How much weight will you lose? It all depenRAB on what kind of liquid you eat. I unfortunately went for comfort liquiRAB - cream of soups and milkshakes. Can't lose a lot that way. If you stick to broth and fruit juices you'll lose a lot more. Just treat it as a diet if you're trying to lose weight. Once you get past the complete liquid, you can always make a mush out of vegetables and eat that....put it in the blender and strain it afterwarRAB. It's only 8 weeks, so hang in there. Good luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information