For all you fellow GERD and Acid Reflux sufferers, please think twice before having any surgery, especially the TIF, in hopes of eliminating your ailments. I had mine on Deceraber 4th of this year. The 23 hours in the hospital afterwarRAB were less than pleasant. I have been on a restrictive diet ever since, but as I add more "normal" food, anything with the least bit of spice, I get acid reflex in terms of the acidy taste coming up my esophes and throat. At first I thought it was just a fluke and took some Tums to settle it down. This morning I finally gave up hopes of recovery and went back on my PPIs, Still on the restrictive diet so as not to cause any damage to the procedure, but I am questioning what was the point of all this. I'm pretty much the same as I was before Deceraber 4th, expect that the doctor has a lot of my money and I have gone through a lot of discomfort. I'm not sure how the promotional information can boast "no more pills...eat whatever you want" Anyone have a similar experience?