Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    whitewrightinc

Has anyone had EsophyX TIF?

I am having EsophyX TIF procedure done on Dec 4th in Dallas, TX. I have Barrett's and my throat stays fried. I have tried everything! Tired of dead end roaRAB with medications and was hoping this would be my answer. Don't know much about EspphyX TIF. I have been denied insurance for GERD and Barrett's and I am paying for this out of pocket so would love to hear that it works great.

hawkins6

Not to disappoint you, but check my other post. Are you going to Fawcett?

hawkins6

I am told by my surgeon that the two procedures are actually quite different. Yours I believe actually makes a fold to prevent the acid (and gas etc,) from coming back up whereas the TIF uses staples to shrink the size of the opening into the stomach. Therefore, according to my surgeon, after the TIF procedure, there is no problem burping or vomitting (or apparently having acid reflux on occassion) as the TIF has merely reconstructed the original size of the opening. I see my surgeon for my final visit tomorrow, so I'll get his opinion regarding carbinated drinks, meats and bread. I'll let you know.

hawkins6

Did you have the TIF? I had mine on Deceraber 4th. Wondering how you are doing with the liquid diet. Any other side effects? Do you know anything regarding what we can expect next?

mmhisley

I had my Espohyx TIF procedure on January 8. As of today, I'm done with my two week liquid diet and, as per instructions from my doctor, I'm gradually cutting down on my PPIs. Since cutting down on my PPIs, I have developed a sore throat and am concerned that it's from acid reflux - which would indicate that my TIF did not work and I still have acid reflux. ( The sore throat immediately following my TIF went away in a few days...so this seems from another cause.) Has anyone else (who has had this procedure) experienced problems immediately upon cutting back on your PPIs?

Note To Hawkins6: How did your final appointment with your dotor go?

whitewrightinc

I am doing great. I still have chest pains but my doctor says it will take 6 weeks to heal and the pains are normal. I have very little Reflux. Before this I always had it. I am now on soft fooRAB and I try not to eat as much or as fast. I kind of enjoyed the liquid diet because I lost weight eating ice cream!!! I do miss carbonation a bunch. I will get scoped in May and if I have healed well I might get to add carbonation back in my diet. So far I am happy with my results. I hope it continues to get better.

whitewrightinc

I had mine on the 4th as well. Where did you have it done and who was your doctor? I was at Forest Park in Dallas and Dr. Glenn Ihde did my procedure. It went very well but was a little rough ride then I expected. I guess I thought I would be up running around when they got done. I like losing weight on ice cream but other then that the liquid diet is already getting old. I have about winged myself off the pain medicine but am having severe chest pains. They are sharp and feel like they are in my heart and are very random. Throat is not sore anymore. Do you still have reflux? Because of the pain in the chest and the diet I don't really know if I am still having it.

whitewrightinc

I'm not as happy with my procedure anymore. I am still having reflux. My doctor said since they are trigger fooRAB I might have a bad gallbladder. I don't have insurance and after paying for Esphoyx Tif don't have the money for another procedure. I am also burping a lot. Just air and very random. Usually feels real good though! My Doctor said that people who have reflux get use to swallowing a lot of air to make the muscles in the esophagus keep the acid down. is anyone

hawkins6

I've been cleared by the surgeon who says I can now eat everything....Sonny's ribs tonight with sweet sauce...it tastes so much better after weeks of mashed potatoes and pasta. Don't be discouraged about your soar throat. My doctor says that the healing continues and the reflux lessens. The first few times I ate my typical trigger fooRAB I got reflux and had to take a PPI. Each subsequent time, the reflux was less. Now I take a PPI (or even just a tum) about 2 - 3 times a week, which is great compared to 2 - 3 times a day. Keep the faith. You will get better.

hawkins6

After seeing the price my insurance company was charged by the doctor and hospital, I can see why you are not anxious to persue the possible gallbladder problem. My diet says that I can have carbinated drinks after six weeks. It's been seven weeks for me, but I'm afraid to try pop yet. I also am afraid to try meat or bread. But, since I'm having acid reflux still anyhow, what harm could it do? Has anyone had good luck with the TIF or any other procedure? I'm not really hearing that one this board.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information