Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    dad22

Could someone please confirm symptoms?

Hello, about 2 months ago I started getting this burning in my stomach that would rise up into my chest. It usually happened hours after I ate and eating again made it better. I went to the doctor who perscribed Nexium. The Nexium really doesn't seem to help much. I have been taking it for about three weeks. The Burning in my stomach seems to be getting better, but very, very slowly. Now I have been getting this pain in my chest whenever I swallow fooRAB. It's like I swallow it and then seconRAB later, I get this pain in my chest, then it goes away. I also get this pain sometimes then I burp and it goes away.

This is causing me all kinRAB of anxiety. I've had two EKG's in the last month, both of which were fine. My blood work came back fine. I go back to the doctor in a week and I am sure she is going to order an endoscopy, which again causes me stress, but what scares me the most is that a co-worker of mine had a husband who died a few months ago of esophogeal cancer. I am just that way, whenever I have some kind of illness or pain, I automatically think the very worst.

Anyway, I was wondering if the stomach burning and painful swallowing while eating is a symptom of GERD? Sorry to go on so long, but this is starting to effect my life in a negative way.

fiveoffive

Could someone please confirm symptoms?

Hi.

Not sure how much this will help but, I do have an ulcer that feels 'better' after I eat. I do have acid reflux and I do get the burning sensation from my stomach up to my throat. Not always both at the same time. I do have serious gas or trapped air that makes my chest and arm and back hurt. (I thought it was my heart for a long time. That alone would cause me to panic, thus begins a cycle of nerves) But, I burp or it comes out the other end and it goes away! It's scary, annoying and frustrating.

I just started taking Lansoprazole (prevacid) a little over two weeks ago. It has helped my stomach burning but, not the bloat and esophageal burn. I take a chewable pepcid for that. I know that it will help the ulcer and that's my goal with it.

The anxiety alone is enough to send ya over the edge. Believe me, I know.

I've found a greener diet helps me tons. I try to avoid dairy, spicy and sweets. NO caffeine!! Smoking also irritates it a lot, I'm working on that =)

If your doc orders an endoscopy, get it. Then you will know and feel much better. I highly doubt its any kind of cancer, your blood work would have at least shown some inflammation somewhere.

My plan is to stay on my fake prevacid, stop smoking and watch my diet AND the time of day I eat, get more rest and try to cut down on some of the major stressors in my life. Hard to do but, even a little helps a lot. Get your endoscopy!!

Oh and... Yes! I get the painful swallowing as well, Almost feels like my food is stacking up in there. I also contribute some of that feeling to my thyroid being out of whack, which I am now medicating.

Best wishes to you. Post back after you've had your endo!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information