Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lex7500

What helps the mucus in LPR?

Thanks for your input. Yeah, it's weird whenever I feel nervous I start gagging and then eventually throw up mucus or food if I have recently eaten. The part I don't get it is gagging when I'm eating and I'm not nervous or anything. I will be at my house by myself just watching television or something and depending on what I eat I start gagging and throw up. Also, when this happens my nose starts to run too so not sure what that is if its reflux or allergies? Anyway, I am going to my general doctor tomorrow to see what do about this cough and perhaps get some anti-anxiety medicine.

Jay Jacob

Nerves, anxiety and adrenaline (coffee is a no no for me, and it makes me so happy happy in my office)....but no I have to try and contain my personality to Mr. Boring......so I can control my symptons.

Seeking Sunrise

bruxie,

could the anti-depressant have been part of the cure?

It seems that you went off it and the LPR returned.

When did you start taking the anti-depressant? Around the same time as the LPR onset?

lex7500

Hey Sunrise.

I want to tell you a little about how my problem started. It started when I was about 18/male, and I just started gagging and vomiting after almost anything i ate. It was crazy, I was like what is wrong with me. Also, I had a ton of mucus and phlegm during this time, and tons of burping which I still do. Now at 23, I believe it has slowly progressed worsened in that I am coughing more times than not...whenever I get sick my coughing/gagging/vomiting all increase greatly. Whenever I get sick now for the last 2 years the cough lasts for 2 to 3 months. I've been on every type of cough medicine, been on Nexium for only 6 weeks last year, priolsec,, other cough stuff...The worst part for me is the gagging after I eat or wake up in the mornings. Sometimes while I'm eating i regurgitate food which is erabarassing. Beer is one of the worst culprits of this for me. The few times where I am able to drink and keep it in....the morning I wake is usually awful with my throat feeling scratchy and dry mouth. Anxiety, I believe plays a big role in all of this...whenever i have interviews, I gag and throw up acid those mornings. I feel like my throat is super sensitive as well. Ive thrown up just shaving near my atom's apple a few times before and if not throwing up its gagging. Whenever I wear a tie or try to button up the top button near my throat I usually start gagging. When I tilt my head I either start coughing or gagging. I';ve seen many of you with similar symptoms but I havent consistently read about people throwing up or regurgitating food all the time. Also, after or during eating whenever I start gagging my heart pounRAB and my nose starts to run. When it gets bad, I also feel whatever is coming up also goes to my ears too bc every few months I get like a semi-ear infection?

Anyway, I know that was all jurabled up but if you could relate to this or if anyone has insight it would be greatly appreciated.

My endoscopy and barium swallow have come out normal. I'm thinking next to do either a 24 hour ph test or have a camera stuck down my throat to see if my throat is red?

* I suffered from crazy amounts of mucus for about 4 years and will still have big amounts from time to time.. But I feel like drinking apple cider vinegar for the past year has helped the mucus aspect of this but nothing else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information