Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Seeking Sunrise

LPR as something else, falsely being treated as acid reflux? Probably...

Hi!
    Sorry about the late response..
    Lately I've been taking lyrica (no side effects except one that is actually kind of beneficial and doesn't deserve to be mentioned). I can't say with complete certainty, but taking lyrica seems to coincide with me feeling much better. Today was my best day since about October 5th, when this whole nightmare started.
    But still there remains a slight twinge at the left side of my throat that comes and goes, and makes me think that perhaps, if a doctor was guided to look at that exact spot, or if an MRI was taken, they would detect "something."
    Like you said (I'll paraphrase it), and I think every "LPR" patient has to have this as their mantra:

A little problem in the throat/mouth area amounts to a big problem in how you sense it.

Sadly, people use that as a justification to believe they have a reflux issue, when in many (most, I believe. I'm not a doctor though) cases, reflux has zero to do with our throat issues.

I think it was, and will one day be proven to be, a horrifying mistake that many of the people on this board are working to try to treat reflux. Even if reflux treatments work for some of them, that's more or less coincidental. Supposedly, it was found in the medical journal article "Back to the diagnosis of silent GERD" that ppis have an anti-inflammatory effect (like advil, I guess). That accounts for a few of the apparent ways it can help LPR patients.

But if that is the case, wouldn't it be better if LPR patients just took tylenol and did a service to their hearts at the same time, rather than permanently messing up their own digestive tracts?

I think your post is really so encouraging, as were those of Aswander because you are living proof that these symptoms in the throat were actually not related IN ANY WAY to reflux, despite the fact that you both suffered the same exact symptoms that people suffer who believe they have a type of reflux.

You guys are living proof that LPR is not the only thing that causes this laterality of symptoms. I believe and hope that when the actual problem is removed from your throat in a few days, you will recover. And when you do, don't forget to post for all of us! We all need to hear it.

Wicked Lady

I vent to another doctor this morning , this time maxillofacial surgeon ,very experienced ... a family friend he cjecked my throat again said that it can wait January no need to do operation now ,but he also said few things ...
    smoking can , alcoholic drinks and soda based drinks can really caouse serious problems to some people ..especially on vocal chorRAB ,throat he also said that i shouldn't smoke ever again cause my throat tissue is very sensitive and hot air from smoking cigarettes can provoke some type of cancer there ...

then i ve asked him about swallowing problem and sore throat and some other things and he said if your thyroid is ok ( she can cause very similar problems) u should check with phoniatrist ... sometimes just the way we are chewing food or talking can cause some real problems but at the end he said that all that symptoms can be ( in my case especially) from my head ... he asked me do i feel anxious ,under stress ... and i have to say .. I do ... I feel stressed , depresses and all those problems are worst since all this started but i have to admit they were here before it all started ...
    I am afraid to use Lyrica because of this "LYRICA may cause suicidal thoughts or actions in a very small nuraber of people, about 1 in 500" it is from their official web site ...I cant risk ....so I am thinking about going to some psychotherapeutic sessions ... btw my mother died of lung cancer 8 (i was 19)years ago and i have to say every time i feel ill the first thing on my mind is cancer ...
    I wish i could wake up one day and all those symptoms are gone ....
    also i think there is at least 20% of our obsession ... I already said I DO NOT feel all those thing while I am asleep ...What about you?...

Seeking Sunrise

neptunian,

i checked and on another site you posted that you actually got a response from some guy from the peptigon offices (I'd love to see that office).

Their evasive response should be enough to make it obvious that the product is a complete fraud, and was in fact, a cynical money grab.

It is the kind of scam that someone should almost lose their license for, in my opinion, if it can be demonstrated by other doctors that there is no medical ingredient in the product. How is that different from a tonic or snake oil salesman travelling with a county fair, a century ago?

It's amazing that such villainy still goes on in the 21st century. I'll tell you what, if peptigon comes out again, I'll release my own "LPR pillow" which cures LPR by causing the neck to support the function of the UES, and keeps the pepsin where it belongs.... in the esophagus.

On a serious note, if proton pump inhibitors aren't working, give them a few more months and then try lyrica or elavil, or xanax, or advil... The pain killer type drugs deserve at least a quarter of the time ppis got.

Keep in mind, Sheepdog tried out my suggestion of trying lyrica and it worked. She posted about it. I kind of wish a few more people would try lyrica and post their results, for the benefit of science and the treatment of LPR. Regardless of why it works (or what the reason for symptoms truly is), if it works for you, then it would take a lot of your stress about this away.

Waiting for peptigon won't do any good. That email you got doesn't even set a loose time frame, and they never mention the studies of other doctors. The whole thing reeks of a scam. Which is what it is.

neptunian808

im glad finally someone mentions the cancer risk LPR has

Seeking Sunrise

Saratron,

here is a couple levels of what I call evidence.

Before I start, can I just mention that ppis are also made by drug companies. I have nothing to do with them, and if you think I'm immoral to plug a type of drug, what do you think of your own ENT, who plugged useless drugs to you for months or years, while you suffered.

Choking, throat clearing, globus.... It doesn't sound so bad, I admit, if you've never had it. Those who have it are in torment however. I wouldn't joke about this, and I'm trying to do the opposite of what Jamie Koufman and other ENTs did, namely, send you on a wild goose chase which prolongs your suffering.

I don't think you get this or want to get this, Saraton. I have "LPR" for the last two months. It's relentless. It has negatively affected my life. I'm trying to get as many of us as possible to a better life.

I just feel it's not reflux.

Let me explain. Today, I met with an ENT today in Germany after a month. By the way, I smoke and drink every day, cause I know it's not reflux so I don't give a "care"

It came in with a virus attacking my throat. I have throat symptoms after that. The origin, and cause, of my problem is the throat. If you can't feel the accuracy of that, enjoy your ppis...

Anyway, he looked at my throat. It looks perfect he said. My esophagus has no esophagitis, no HH, no signs of freaking reflux. Yet, I got a virus which aggressively attacked my........my ...... my THROAT!!!! now I have ongoing throat problems........ So I guess I have to cut down on my onion rings, right?

I met a neurologist today, and he asked me to email him medical journal articles written in the last two years, so keep eating your mulberries and whey, and sleep standing up, with no heartburn.

How many patients will your doctor get like you?

80 if he's really old.

How many strep patients?

ThousanRAB.

So you are in deep crap right now if you want to pretend this is reflux.

Besides, imagine it was reflux. What do you want? To stop the reflux OR to stop the symptoms? I think the answer is obvious for everyone on this board.

I'm not a shill for drug companies, for god's sake. I'm trying to help myself and people like me, because I know first hand what a struggle this disease is.

I've found 4 people minimum on message boarRAB who have specifically talked about ending it all. What GERD patient jokes around about that?

What IBS patient does?

But in the case of neuropathy, you find people who do discuss that. So why are people so desperate sometimes with LPR, if it's just GERD???? Because it's neuropathy, and that wears down a person's soul to be in pain all the time.

No one who had this disease would be that cynical, frankly. I'm not a shill, I'm trying to help. Get on lyrica for a week, and then feed me your certainty that this is acid reflux.

If it is....... why does it come and go randomly for people, UNTIL THEY GET A COLD OR FLU. Why does it relent for people on neurontin, or bonine, or reglan, all of which mess with the nervous system? They all say it's because they sleep upside down and only eat yogurt..

Why does drinking and smoking improve the symptoms of those who dare to do so, even though it causes reflux? Why does McdonalRAB help our terrible LPR?

I'll give you all a challenge this week. Do the worst things you can to aggrivate reflux. Then consciously decide "is this really any worse of a feeling than i had last week when i slept on a wall and only ate popsicles???"

I'm trying to help me, and I'm trying to help you. I hope you get that, and I understand your anger. I'm pretty mad too.

Stephen

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information