Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    dirkson4

this sucks so much

im 23 Male with pretty bad acne atm. It really makes me feel like not leaving the house almost. I was only doxycycline for around 10 weeks or so maybe and it worked pretty well. I got off it last week and all of sudden I have been breaking out really bad all over my face its so distressing. Ive started doxy again so hopefully things will get better again soon. I just really would have thought that being male and 23 I wouldnt be having this problem anymore and if i did it would be very mild acne. Sigh! life sucks. Im taking fish oil, drinking 3 litres of water a day, wash with cetaphil, eat well, dont drink or smoke i just dont get it. Anything im missing?

*Boo

this sucks so much

Hey rapidfire,

I totally sympathize. I'm also 23 this year and I haven't managed to shake off my acne either. It started to clear when I was about 18 and for a few years it's been fine but I've had a stressful year and I think that affected my skin. in the summer it was so bad i didn't want to leave the house either.

As for what to do about it, you sound like you're doing all the right things so far. I found that cutting out dairy really helped, but i know that doesn't help everyone. I have also taken up running every other day and I've found the exercise has really helped.

hope things get better

xx

bsc21

this sucks so much

Rapidfire

I basically had clear skin until the end of my senior year in high school. Then my face broke out pretty badly. By the way I'll be 21 in june. I was on just about every med doxy, the medicated acne prescription paRAB, proactiv, all kinRAB of over the counter topical stuff. After all this stuff failed I went on accutane. It will eat acne. The only prob for me is in makes my tryglcerides go thru the roof. Because of this I have to take a med along with the accutane called Tricor. Accutane has a big list of side effects but its manageable. You could talk to a doctor or dermatologist about it.

jeff864

this sucks so much

limit masturbating to once a week at most.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information