Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Accutane Dude

Accutane Thread! Tips/stories Anything Accutane Related

Just for those who don't know this is my original story. Now my skin is much better and im hoping to get 100% clear by tanning and benzamyzin, thanks for all your support everyone! I will try and repay the favour by helping as much as i can

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

heh at 120mg/day I'm pretty sure any acne you get should be suppressed for a while if not permanently

Accutane Dude

Well kind of. My only side effects were really dry lips, and I think a little lack of night vision. Now my lips are still fairly dry but not nearly as bad as before.

How is your treatment going fella?, nice to hear from ya.

Accutane Dude

It's so nice of you to ask about me. Basically I am off accutane now but my acne is still hanging around, not nearly as bad as before but still lingering. I am left with many red marks/scars and am still unable to bring myself to talk to my old girl frienRAB or any frienRAB that aren't extremely close to me. I still have problems looking people in the eyes and what not but I am getting over it. Overall, things are improving but these red marks really seem to like to hang around and depending on the light or whatever can be really ugly. Thanks again for asking.

ellinas

Hello Accutane Dude!I just wanted to say what a great job you are doing on answering everyone's replies and comments. It really helps. I used to have severe acne and was put on so many different things until one day I just couldn't take it any more. My derm. told me about Accutane....3 months later and my face is halfway from being clear. I will spread the word to just about anyone that has acne, about this pill; Accutane.

Keep up the great work!

DiselPower4

Hope, is what keeps alot of acne sufferers going i know it does for me now that im on the tane. Stick with it. Its a battle. And your on 120 mgs. Trust me the tane is giving that ance hell. Good Luck . Nice to see someone new, who can help out.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"and am still unable to bring myself to talk to my old girl frienRAB or any frienRAB that aren't extremely close to me. I still have problems looking people in the eyes and what not but I am getting over it."

same problem here..man this **** sucks ..hope you'll be ok. take care

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Accutane Dude thanks for replying so quickly, that's good to know you finally finished your course of Accutane. You say your acne is still hanging around so how many active pimples are you getting daily/weekly? It seems you are more frustrated with the old lingering red marks rather than the acne so I am assuming your acne has at least taken a backseat. I am reading up on Accutane and as I understand the Accutane obviously makes the skin more sensitive and slows down it reguvenation process. So if the red marks are still not fading then they probably do need a bit of time. I have in the past had troubles with the same damn red marks and have successfully use (and still use) facial steaming over hot water as well as Bentonite Clay masks to increase skin rejuvenation. I'm not sure to what extent your skin can handle masks but the facial steaming may help.

With regarRAB to the party that you really wanna go to, I say do yourself up and get ready as if you are 100% going to go, regardless of how bad or good your skin is looking. Then when it's time to leave take a good look at yourself in the mirror and if you feel confident with what you see then go for it! Don't be too judgemental on yourself, a few pimples here or there really doesn't matter. If you don't feel in a positive mood or are not happy with what you see then don't worry about it, forget about the party this time around. There will always be a million more parties where you will want to go to and have fun. At least you've tried to get yourself emotionally prepared and not just sat in bed being depressed.

I can't explain in worRAB the difference for me between getting ready to go out then not going because I wasn't in the mood and not doing anything at all but get depressed in my room. I feel a whole lot better when I have at least attempted.

Hope this helps and go easy on yourself...let us know how everything goes...

IsAccutaneSafe

hi,
    So far i have found such helpful and insightful information in these posts that i must inquire of all of you experts. My derm. just gave me an Rx for accutane. I have taken mino..somehting, tetracycin, retin a, and a few more with minimal (if any) results. Still, I would not consider my acne severe by any means. I have a few questions that the posts i have read dont really address. I am 21 girl and looking to start a family in the future 5+ years down the road. I have read about the birth defects and wonder will this drug's side effects carry over to a pregnancy years after i stop taking it? Also where my acne is bad but not severe is it worth the potential of worsening of my acne and other health issues? I only have 5 days left to fill my Rx so any speedy information (any info at all) would be greatly appreciated and helpful in making a decision that will change my life.
    Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

ACcutaNE

Dear A.D.
    First let me say I haven't been to the boarRAB in forever...My last time was in 2003 I think...I initially registered a few years ago when I was on accutane.
    I was on 120mg and it helped me right away. However, as soon as I stopped, it all came back and I did not go back on accutane-rather tried different creams and treatments...I use neutrogena face wash followed by Lumene cleansing toner followed by OXY invisible cream treatment. I do still breakout but certainly NOT as bad as it was before! I use Revlon Colorstay coverup followed by dry Revlon powder and it works great...even in daylight-of course you could tell I'm wearing cover-up but its better than having red spots I guess. I'm a girl by the way, but I do think that guys should wear cover-up as well...even for just evening out the skin tone-not necesarily acne. So props to you for using it! What kind do you use by the way? And is it oil-free and does it stay for long?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information