I hope to get a better answer this time around. I used Lucas fuel injector cleaner several weeks ago just as routine maintenance, not because there were any problems. Ever since, my car sputters and has no power. I have to press the gas pedal to the floor just to get to 40-45 mph. It was previously suggested to me on here that the fuel filter was clogged and needed replaced. However, I took it to my mechanic and he said that this was most likely NOT the problem. He said if anything, that it was something clogged within the motor somewhere. Does anyone have a suggestion as to whether there may be a sensor or something that has been jammed up with crap the the injector cleaner may have loosened? If anyone can shed some light on this, please help me out. Mechanics please preferably as this appears to be a complex issue. Thanks!
I do believe it has something to do with the Lucas because that's the only thing that has changed. The car ran perfectly prior to using. I do not have any CEL on or any other lights that indicate malfunction. Also, and I'm not a mechanic, but if the fuel filter is plugged I would tend to think that the car may not run at all? I believe (due to the age of the car) that the Lucas may have loosed some junk and now it's plugging something in the motor. I just do not know where to start at. The only feedback that I got from the last time I posted this question is that the fuel filter is plugged. My mechanic simply does not feel that this is probable as there is not a return line that runs from the motor back to the fuel tank. The junk that supposedly is being worked on by the Lucas is in the motor, not in the fuel tank. Thanks, hope this helps!