Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    howcouldiknow

A young tramadol user...

Sorry I haven't been on. Been very busy.
    We had the baby on the 15th at 2:05 a.m. and we have been swamped with that. She is so precious and it's A LOT of work some nights, but so worth it. Having a child taught me even more about love. I cried during delivery. I'm sorry...I couldn't hold it in.

I am also continuing the taper and it's going well.
    A little craving to go back to old dose at times, but life is going fast and it's keeping me busy.

hughmcrae

A young tramadol user...

My posts keep being deleted becuase I keep breaking the rules.

So, I will just explain that I was an alcoholic and there was no weining off that drug!

Only swappy medications by a physician.

I have and have always had a panick disorder but was self medicating with alcohol and the medications provided by doctors for the condition.

I was trying to be superman on alcohol. I was addicted since childhood....

...You may have read my post on my experiences in hospital.

ie. There was a time there where my medication was being stolen so I was not permitted Govt. Authority of the medication.

But as I have only learnt last Oct, I didn't have to go through the hell of withdrawal from alprazolam as well as alcohol. It is available on private script just had to pay $15 more, but no doctor till the one I visited near my sisters homes was happy to inform me of that option.

I feel the were predjidiced against users of the medication as it is one of the most widely abused medications of late.- since my health was so poor and the doctor I had was conviced I was a substance abuser and my liver was in such poor condition due to contracting HepC when I did use amphetamines a feew years prior and that was in my medical history - there was no mercy, they wanted me off everything.

So I was only off the only thing I really needed to lead a normal life Xanax, and an antidepressants the issue is alcohol is so very bad for you...

Will post again....

My final note.
    If you really need this medication, then that's a fact. If not. You should bite the bullet and get off it properly. In a hospital.

brianpain33

A young tramadol user...

Just don't allow the disease to trick you into thinking the times back then were great and you should continue to stay on it. The disease will always take you back to the good times and make you forget the bad times or times you were in withdrawal. The disease will also take you back to the very first time that you used it because it wants you to chase that first high.

I am sure you are having thoughts in your head like, "man, I could experience that again" well forget it.

I do want to commend you because you are doing a great job at tapering. Now, finally giving your girlfriend the bottle was a very good thing on your part and something that neeRAB to continue to happen. Make sure you take her with you to fill the next script and hand it over. No going to get the prescription filled yourself and taking out a few that she won't notice. Heck, if you want to make it even better for yourself, tell her to count the pills after you get them filled to keep you on track. But please do take her with you to get the next script filled because that overwhelming desire to sneak a couple will be there.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

brian

howcouldiknow

A young tramadol user...

Hey, guys.
    I've considered anti-depressants considering tramadol acts like an SNRI.
    Effexor seems to be the most "like-tramadol" anti-derpressant. I will consider this after finishing my taper. I have to yet start a taper, though. Just taking low doses so I don't have to go without until my next refill.

I'm happy to say that I didn't take anymore today although I was tempted at times. I just took some Benadryl (diphenhydramine) about 15 minutes ago. I wasn't withdrawaling or anything. I feel completely normal as a matter of fact. No withdrawal, and no buzz either. Maybe when I start actually tapering it won't be so bad. I went ahead and took some Benadryl because I know I won't sleep as well tonight since I only took 100mg of tramadol at 11 a.m. I'm used to taking 150-175mg throughout the day. I always take extra to keep the high stabalized. Got a slight high when the 100mg kicked in earlier today...but it didn't sustain since I didn't take anymore. Proud of myself for atleast not taking anymore. I'll probably go back to my usual doses when I get my 90 tablets next Wednesday. Still going to talk to doctor about tapering when he gets back in town. I promise you that. I'm ready to get clean. Never thought I would be this addicted to a drug at 21 yrs old.

Also hoping the Benadryl will help with some of this nausea. I have no idea where nausea came from. I never get it from tramadol or during tramadol withdrawal. The Benadryl seems to be taking action because I'm feeling a little drowsy. I HATE drugs that make me drowsy...especially benzos. But it's very useful for sleep.

howcouldiknow

A young tramadol user...

Well, before I set up an appt to discuss tapering, I'm going to try this cold-turkey one last time. I'm going to try my hardest. I'm really ready to free. I started at a very young age (15 yrs old), and I am still young (21 yrs old), but it's still going to be hard to let go.

Wish me luck on cold-turkey. I'm going to attempt tomorrow.

Secrets1983

A young tramadol user...

I know it seems scary but just keep going!!! You can do this.

You have some much life left to live.... So much and it will be much more enjoyable being drug free and not having to depend on planning around a bottle of pills!

We are here for you!! Keep going!

Secrets1983

A young tramadol user...

Hey there!

There is NOTHING wrong with tapering. That is what I had to do to make my plan successful.

You have made the right decision to quit! I know it's not easy!!! Keep going! You can do it!

You will be kept in my prayers!!!

hughmcrae

A young tramadol user...

I am addicted to Xanax but need it for my panick disorder. It is extremely effective for me. Everyone I have offered a pill fall asleep on it. Not doing that anymore as people theve them. The addiction is like alcohol. Shakes in the morning until morning dose. I recommend anything else that will help you and Xanax on occassion OK!

mindy1974

A young tramadol user...

i have been off ultram for over a week now and i am staring to feel human gain. i really took it slow. i lied allot and told people i had the flu but in the end it got better. I GOT REALLY SICK during my tapering but i read everyday about peoples ultram withdrawal and it gave me the hope i needed and the strength to flush those last 45 pills down the toilet. i did use a small amount of a mussel relax-or for the first 4 nights but i was very careful with that. dont do it alone but trust me your pain and mental state will be totaly back to normal in no time after your tapering is complete. thousanRAB of us did it and yu can to!!!

mod-anon

A young tramadol user...

derlinda,

Please address the concerns of the original poster, and start a new thread for your own issues.

I have moved your post to a new thread:
    "Need help"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information