Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    howcouldiknow

A young tramadol user...

Lack of updates. Sorry.
    Been so busy. We moved again. Luckily it's the same apartment complex, just a two bedroom now. Moving is rough.

Finished the taper yesterday. However, today I was still experiencing some withdrawal. Not as bad as it used to be, but still uncomfortable. Been tapering since April or May. I don't remeraber. And now that it's over, I feel like not much was accomplished, in terms of physical dependence.

The withdrawal is noticable enough that I'm still awake typing this now..at 1:20 AM. Daughter and girlfriend are in there asleep. They're doing great by the way. :angel:

Going to call the doctor for a follow-up. I believe he wanted me to anyway. Should I tell him about the current withdrawal even after the six months of tapering? Or is this normal and quickly pass? He may have me taper more. It's so confusing. I was down to 25mg a day and feeling horrid at night, but still slept. Now I'm out and supposed to be "complete" and feeling pretty awful. Not as bad as cold-turkey was back then, though. I was functional enough today to help clean the apartment, feed and bathe the baby, etc. However, in the back of my mind I was antsy and the classic "wired, yet tired" was there.

Just wish I could go lie down and sleep.
    Thanks for the upcoming advice. You all are so supportive.

Hey, you'd be proud of me, though. I always put my new daughter first before taking my morning dose. If she was crying and hungry or just needed to be held, I made sure to tend to that before swallowing the tramadol. I feel bad saying that I didn't think I would be that strong. I thought I'd throw her onto my girlfriend and get a quick bite to eat, then ingest the poison before handling the baby. But nope...

brianpain33

A young tramadol user...

Are you taking it evenly spaced throughout the day? Like 50mg in the morning then 50mg at dinner and 25mg before bedtime, something like that?
    It helps to space it out as evenly as possible.

brian

Secrets1983

A young tramadol user...

Hey again,

I understand what you are saying... When I was tapering... of course I was still chasing that high at first but then... I had come to the conclusion that I had to STOP that in order to really get a handle on my addiction. Spacing it out would probably be best for you.. Get yourself used to not feeling that high at all anymore before your taper is over. I know it's easy for me to say... I am not the one who has to do it now.. However, I did have to do it before and it was tough!!! Real tough. However, we are not going anywhere. We are here for you and will continue to be.

21! What a great age! Be thankful that you are getting a handle on this now than in 20 more years from now.... because it would be a lot more difficult then. A lot of wise people said the same thing to me because when I tapered I was 25.. I am 26 now. 15-21 is a long time especially those years of growing and figuring out who we are.... you are blessed you can now figure out who you REALLY are with out those pills so that you can be a great role model for your future children! You have given yourself a second chance at life..... RUN WITH IT... We will be right along side of you friend.

Keep us posted :wave:

reachout

A young tramadol user...

Hi Buddy

Of course you will be in our thoughts. Never doubt that.

I think that perhaps enthusiasm led the way for you. Enthusiasm is a good thing to help us along the way, but jumping from a constant high dosage to nada senRAB us into a complete tailspin. Don't worry about taking the drug... it is a live and learn process. All the symptoms you descibed are exactly normal in full withdrawal. It may take a few days to level out again. Stick to the 2 pills a day as you level off.. and you will level off. Be consistent and steady. When I first started, my drop was way too big and I also went into full withdrawals. I know it is horrible. However, I did stick to the drop and my body did level off in a few days. Then I was able to continue making cuts that were smaller and endured the taper.

The depression that comes can be a torment. Fight it! Force yourself to move as much as possible. This will help the leveling off. Promise on this one. Sometimes I would even force myself to dance to music (though I had lost my sense of rhythm). I would feel a temporary reprieve from the depression and from anxiety. I walked even when I had to drag my feet. Force a smile on your face... this somehow triggers the brain to start producing fell good chemicals. Don't understand it, but I know it works.

I also set up many safety nets for myself. One of the most practical is turning over the meRAB to someone. I was given a day's supply at a time. That was the extent of truly trusting myself not to take more than was scheduled.

Friend, stay with us... we will be here for you the entire way. You are going to be okay. No matter how horrible it is at this minute, know that you will be okay.

Hugs
    reach

Pharmd733
    Hello! aededcf interesting aededcf site!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information