Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Secrets1983

Need Support Again Please, withdrawal :(

GREAT JOB!!!!

That is awesome. I am so proud of you! Keep it up. I agree with Denon. Speak to your dr. about all the options and make the best choice you can for yourself.

You keep doing what you are doing honey! We are all here cheering you on!
    XOXOXO

mindy1974

happy sunday denon,
    well i slepted last night pretty good. i went down one more half on the mussel relaxer so i'm half way done with that one, maybe i will reward myself with a cookie or something .

as usual i woke up in fear and panic, negative hopless thoughts running all over my head. i kept thinking why the hell am i even trying to get off the benzos when i know that as soon as get almost off the ultram the worst of the withdrawals will happen, crawling legs, restlessness, no sleep at all, and then im just going to have to take the benzos for 5 days to get over the ultram! derlinda your so stupid!!! then i thought, well i dont have to worry about the final days of the ultra for a while so i will worry about reusing the benzos when the time comes. do only drug addicts have to do this much drug math in there head or do normal people freak out like this also?

i think coming off the mussel relaxer is not hard, i might try to come off one more half tomorrow.

reachout

when i was little i reached for food when i was anxious, when i was older i reached for alcohol and pills. now i just need to reach with in me

Derlinda

I think these are some of the most profound worRAB I have ever read on this board! Wowsers. A great evaluation and worRAB I am going to seal in my head. They sure fit me to a tee.

Many thanks
    reach

mindy1974

FYI_ my spelling and grammer is really bad because i write this from my tiny blackberry!!! so sorry its hard to read at times i write like a 3rd greader

Secrets1983

Hey Honey,

I am glad you are getting this stuff off your chest because if you keep it all in it will just eat you alive. That is what we are here for!

You know that you can stay strong but we both know how easy it is to buckle!!!!!! We have been on both sides of that and we know when we stay strong.... we always feel a lot better about ourselves. I have faith in you.

Just keep writing and writing and we will be here for you.

Hang in there honey. I know how hard it is to stay strong... I know... I wish I could make it better for you!

Blessings to you!

mindy1974

read,
    thank yu so much for your worRAB, you lifted me up!
    today was ok. i stayed busy. i had to take a 10mg valium today when my neck gammed up and shot pain up into my ears. i feel ok about that. i have a moring AA meeting so that will be a good way to keep mind off what i dont think i have and back on to looking at all the things i Do have.
    lets have a good weekend. thanks for listening. i really need you guys (i say that alot, but i really do)

mel486

Good for you. You are doing great! Just keep going toward your goal and one day you'll look back and say, "I'm glad to get that over with." Before i re-injured my neck, I took Advil every morning and evening and it really helped with the "everyday" pain that I have. As soon as I feel more than normal pain starting, I start taking the Lyrica, which I see is mostly advertised for fibromyalgia these days from their commercials. I guess nerve pain is nerve pain no matter where it originates. All of the posts seem to blend together after a while, but I believe you were starting Cyrabolta. I know it takes a while for it to kick in, but that should help your depression. Staying busy so your mind cannot dwell on things help kill the depression too. I know sometimes its hard to force yourself to get out and do something, but in the end it is worth it and it seemed to help me when I got those feelings.

Sort of funny how I look back at the different stages I went through and now I realize that it was the drug that caused all of them. I think that is why I'm so careful now on what I take, how much i take and for how long.

I hope that today is a good day for you and that you stay strong. Good Luck!!

mel486

Hey derlinda... Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm so sorry to hear about your accident and having to take the pain meRAB again.

Actually, it appears you have a doctor that knows something about the drugs and withdrawal process. So many are in the dark about what to do. He's right to slowly taper off of each drug, maybe not on a daily basis, but a little each week. Cutting down by 10-20% seems to work well with most people. Even then, some people still get the withdrawal symptoms. I was one of them. I had withdrawals the entire time I was tapering. You just have to keep going forward and work your way through it. I wish we had a magic button to press to make the withdrawals go away, but unfortunately there just isn't one.

We're here to help you along and going to your 12-step meetings will help also. Wishing the best for you. Good Luck!

Secrets1983

Hello my dear friend,

I have missed you so much. Sorry I have not been around the last couple days much. We were wrapping up the end of the month goals and work and it had me slammed.:dizzy:
    I just caught up reading about your week and I have a lot of feelings to share with you. First and foremost, I am proud of your honesty. That is one thing addicts have a hard time with sometimes but you have been so honest with yourself and us that it is so inspirational. Congrats on getting thru that time with your family without abusing your meRAB. I am so proud of you. I am sure it was really difficult. It did sound like you had some nice times there though as stressful as I am sure it was for you.
    I am so sorry to hear of your struggle with pain and anxiety. It's just so unfair. I am sorry to hear you are lonely and at times think you are a loser because you don't have a partner. Let me tell you this though, you are not. You are a beautiful person and I hope you are able to start seeing that more and more. You have a lot to offer when the "right" one comes along. That I promise you.
    I am also proud of you for filling your time.. That is so important for us addicts. Idle hanRAB are never an addicts friend. Your commitment to your meetings is great and I am so glad that they make you feel so good. Looking around that room and realizing you are not alone is so wonderful.
    Well, I will be around here all weekend as I am visiting my Mom for the weekend so I will check in with you lots. I am here for you honey.. That is a promise I will make and keep.
    Sending you a warm healing hug all the way from Minnesota!
    XOXOXOX

mindy1974

hi denon and secrets!!!
    bad bad reaction to the cyrablata. i guess i was hoping for a miracle, im one of the few people who have a manic reaction to anti depressants. last night i started to feel agitated all over my body, i could not concentrate on what my friend was saying and i felt so "off", its different then the skin crawling of withdrawals. i have only taken it for a few days so i'm sure (well i hope) that i will be back to normal by tomorrow. i really want to take something to calm down, but i'm not going to. will try to stay busy and keep myself away from my home where i get most tempted. i going down another quarter off the ultram tomorrow, i feel pretty ok about that. i have been up since 3 so i can expect a pretty big energy crash by noon, so i want to prepare myself so i dont feel tempted to pop a little something to feel up again. boy i'm sick of sounding like a drug addict. i went on a blind date yesterday, he was really hyper and talked super fast and his eyes kept darting around. i thought to myself, is he high? is he on uppers? then i remerabered that just because i'm a pill popper i should not assume everyone else is also! he was just probably nerves like me to be on a date. maybe dating while tapering off drugs is not very smart? at least it gives me something to-do and gets my mind off of my favorite obsession--- me!
    i want to thank you again for responing to my posts, its the first thing i do when i wake up and it changes my mood in a huge way, thank you for the help....

i really wanted the cyrabalta to work. maybe i can try again later in conjunction with mood stabilizer, i'm open to that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information