Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Secrets1983

Free at last (of oxycodone)!

Hello NP,

I have been doing a lot of thinking of you and your son. I can't get your situation off my mind. So, I have been praying up a storm for your strength and peace and for his rock bottom to hit so he can get the help he neeRAB. Now, I don't wish him any harm but you and I both know in order for him to "want" to get help... this neeRAB to occur.

I spoke to my family and already called our family priest to have a mass said for you both tomorrow morning at 9am. So just know, our whole congragation with be praying very hard for you and your son. Father even stated that he will say extra prayers and pray for extra blessings to be given to you and yours. I did not even tell him your user name. He said it was not neccesary as God would know who we were referring to. So in our church missel the mass will be said for "The close frienRAB of "Secrets" My real name was included of course but to protect my privacy here I just wrote my screen name. I hope you are okay that I went ahead and did this. I just figured to more prayers there are.... the more good will come. In my personal opinion prayer is very powerful and it's the least I can do to try and help.
    I hope this message finRAB you hanging in there honey. I am proud you have not turned to a pill for support but have turned to us instead. Thank you.
    Much love to you NP, Much love!

Wild Irish Rose

You don't sound paranoid at all! That's exactly the way I used to feel, getting my bottles of 100, 120, etc., and I know I'm not imagining it. Especially when I used to try to get a refill before the insurance would let me, and whined, "Can't I please pay out-of-pocket?". Sheesh! Bad times, bad tmes. The funny thing is, now that I'm on the sub, the pharmacists all smile at me and ask how I'm doing, especially one cute young man who's so sweet. Every time my dose goes down he gives me a big thurabs up!

I'm so proud of you, and so happy for you; what a huge accomplishment. I'm sorry you're feeling lousy, but you're healing. I know that doesn't help you feel any better, but you can use the same strength you used in getting thru so far to get thru this part. Wish I could let you know how long this part lasts, but I"ve never been there.

You've given me a real boost today, just by reading your post (I got a bit behind, haven't been here for a while). My mood goes up just realizing what you've done, and how hard it's been, and still is, for you to go thru, but you've made it this far! I know you can't see, but I've got a huge grin on my face, just for you !

Take care of yourself,

rose

PS: Soon you'll have to change your name to I'mPerky! :-D

mel486

I am so sorry to hear that you still have pain. Is it possible that the pain is real and not withdrawals? Just like the shaking that I went through thinking it was withdrawals, but it turned out to be a real problem that occurred while I was taking the Percocets. Maybe you should talk to you doctor about it and see if there might be something else causing the aching. 22 days is a long time to continue having withdrawal pains, especially since you tapered so slowly. I wish you the best - you know that!

mel486

You better save those last 3 pills to break into pieces and taper down if the w/d's hit. Even though I was taking just 10-15 mg a day to control my pain, after I went on the 3 day bing I had some nasty w/d's for 2 days when I stopped taking it altogether for 2 days.

If we break the pills up and take the smallest amount necessary to reduce the pain, I think we'll be better off. Good luck to you!

readerroz

Hey, NP, we share the same anniversary!

Pats on back to each other!

Although my WD has been extraordinarily mild, virtually nonexistant, the cravings are what is my biggest challenge. I almost think that severe WD is a positive experience as it serves as a powerful deterrent to future use.

I know what, let's both take a walk today, soak up some rays, push ourselves to do just *one* thing we don't want to do.

Remeraber, if we don't hang together, we'll all hang separately.

mel486

You're doing Great NP! I think increasing your core strength can only do good, so long as you take it slowly and don't push yourself too far to fast. Sorry to hear about still having the muscle aches. I hated those the worse, especially thighs. Keep pushing in the right direction and you'll get there.

Secrets1983

Hey NP,

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. It breaks my heart to know you are suffering this much. Your recovery is very important and being you were on the meRAB for some time, it just may take a little longer to heal from getting off them.

As for your normal pain.... I am sorry. I wish I had a magic answer for you there. Hopefully after you fully recover from all the withdrawal symptoms it will make your pain more manageable. I am not totally sure of your pain situation but it sounRAB very tough.

I will continue to say prayers for you honey. Hang in there and when you feel this low post.. You can sound down, it's okay. THAT IS WHAT THIS BOARD IS FOR HONEY. You express your feelings and we let you lean on us and support you. Hang in there.
    Hugs!

NotPerky

Hey D -- yeah, I'm OK getting to sleep (fortunately) 'cause I'm still taking the Arabien....I just wish I could sleep through this entire process though. I can't wait to wake up and feel "normal"....not this lingering flu-like feeling every day. Did you ever get off the Arabien? That will be my next project....but not anytime soon!

digmusic

Be careful... counting and nurabers and counting the days until your next doctor's appointment seems like you're starting to obsess again. I realize you're actually in pain and I feel terrible for people that are opiate addicts and have to deal with chronic pain. It truly is a catch 22 of terrible dimensions. Just be careful.

NotPerky

I'm at the "one-week-off-Oxy" mark, so this calls for a quick check-in with you guys. I still feel flu-like -- achy, joint pain, tired leg muscles. I occasionally have the hot flashes, sneezes and/or yawns/watery eyes, so I know my body is still going through WD. The bad news is, I fell two days ago and hit the ground very hard, so that just made the aches and pains worse, plus I hurt my knee, which previously wasn't a problem. The good news is, I'm no longer having the waves of "antsy/anxious/want to scream" feelings. My place is still a wreck, as I have no energy to clean or do much else, and I'm still not able to eat much. But there is definitely progress, and it's become a real challenge at this point -- I will beat this no matter how long it takes!

You guys have been great and so supportive! No need to respond, I know you're with me -- I just wanted to mark the one-week milestone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information