Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    ilovekristeniv

When do you begin your "period" when on Birth Control?

my gf has taken almost an entire pack of birth control pills this month, but still has ONE white pill left before she starts taking her placebos (brown pills).today she had a moderate bleeding, enough to use a tampon. the tampon was about 40-50% filled with brown blood & clots after about 3 hours of wear.she said she had some "period cramps" but nothing major, and it could've really been anything.i know you don't get an actual "period" when you're on the pill (this is her first month by the way), and you just get bleeding... but can it be her period already even though she didn't start taking the brown pills yet & still has one more white pill left.she hasn't missed any pills, and again, this is her first month of b.c. her doctor said irregular bleeding/spotting is normal for the first 1-3 packs of the pill.she has no pregnancy symptoms so far & we had unprotected sex at the beginning of this month (at the end of or a few days after her period).can she have really started her "period" even though she didn't start the brown pills yet?do you think this is her period or is it just irregular bleeding?

Ashley2037

i would just say irregular, and if you guys just had sex that will usually bring on a period faster, or it does mine anyways.

DueJuly10th2735

If this is her first pack then yeah it is perfectly normal for her to bleed a little irregular. Birth control isn't viewed as effective until it has been taken correctly for at least three months, then she will start getting used to it and be on more of a schedule.As for this being her "period" I don't know, in fact I have never even heard of there being a difference in biological make-up between normal periods and periods with birth control.

BabyBoydueApr92009

What do you mean you know that you don't actually get your period when you're on the pill? Of course you get a normal period...but when you first start taking birth control your body has to regulate to it.

SL

If she just started the pill this month, it could be her period starting, even though she is still taking it and not on the placebo week. It takes a month or two for it to kick in properly, and I hope you know that it's not effective as birth control in the first month at least, so you should be using condoms still.How was her period before the pill? How often did she get her period before she started taking it? If she was 'scheduled' to start about now, then it's probably just the pill not kicking in yet. It should change and even out as she continues taking it. She should continue taking it as directed.But i'm no expert, so you might want to just ask your doctor who prescribed it to her.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information