Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    icehouse3z

Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

Just checking in, been busy lately, i flushed the last 8 vics down the toilet yesterday. The pain was gone and so were the rest of the pills.i dont even need motrin my teeth done hurt anymore which is a relief. i didnt think twice about hanging onto them just in case SOMETHING happened. i need to deal with my emotions being sober, iam happier, more outgoing,yes things will get crazy at times but thats how life is. i went through alot growing up and did just fine without any painpills for 23 years.

ive made some phone calls to NA places near me on my breaks but need to start attending the meetings after work and on the weekenRAB.

I dont know if anybody on here has seen celebrity rehab with Dr. Drew, but it hit me pretty good. (he understand addiction, really wants to help people, he gets it.) i saw it for the first time yesterday. he said something along the lines of.... the period after their immediate treatment and the time between going to sometime of support group, in their case sober living is the really critical part and thats were the road to recovery really begins. thats where iam at, in between...this is where you either go back to using or start living sober again.

gota run for now, TGIF! :wave:

Ice

icehouse3z

Hey folks, just checkin in.....TGIF!! actually a friend of mine made up a new one, i got a kick out of it. TGIPD (pay day) hehe. who knows it might catch on. busy work week but a good one. lookin foward to relaxing and watchin some march maddness!! love college hoops. nice weather here, its startin to heat up, i actually like the cold though. i think im in the wrong part of the country.

ya the pill lifestyles not for me anymore, its just a waste, i hate feeling zoned out now that ive had some real clarity for the first time in along time. what a horrible way to live, wake up every morning in w/d's....stressing about running out. then when u did feeling like the world was coming to and end.

i gota get somethin to eat, i think im gona treat myself to outback and get a tbone with all the fixins!!! im ready to chow down, mmmmmmmmmmm stomach is goin bonkers, feels good to be hungry, i feel pumped. this is the hardest thing ive ever had to do. way harder than dealing with what the cancer has done to me. if i can beat this i can handle anything in life, i firmly believe that. addiction just owns every aspect of your life, it sucks the life out of you, takes over your mind body and soul. it leaves you standing there holding the bags in the end.

steak time! im gona be an aussie tonite, im goin down under! later mates!

reachout

Ice

What's happening in your life??? Share.

reach

icehouse3z

Hi guys sorry i havent been on much, been busy with work, everybodys going good, theres a new girl in my life and shes real special to me already, even more motivation to get clean now which is great. well murphys law has kicked into full effect but im not gona look at it like that or in any negetive way. ive had a toothache for awhile and went to the dentist where they said i need a root canal. i new i would be offered vicodin so right off the bat i told them i didnt want any painkillers only antibotics, so thats what i god. the dentist said actually the best painkillers for tooth pain or at least in my case is anti inflammitories. im hangin tough, but ive been spendin alot of time with this girl. i really like her and she feels the same so thats been nice, TGIF! ill write more later gota go to work

icehouse3z

i need to post, feelin kinda down right now, i know its part of the process, it just sucks, im just tryin to keep busy hopefully i can tire myself out and sleep well tonite

icehouse3z

To reach, i pretty much got sick of it owning every minute of my life, the new year had alot to do with my decision as well, its just such an aweful way to live, in fact when you are using you really arent living in my opinion, i miss the person i used to be, i used to be outgoing and wanting to be active. ive isolated myself and basically became a vegetable, for along time i was getting nothing out of it too, its just a waste. I needed it just to keep from the w/d.

icehouse3z

thanks reach...youve been a big part of helping me through this, i know its a lifetime battle but iam truly grateful for your support, i can tell you really do care. im gona call it a day as well, ttyl

Ice

icehouse3z

your a lifesaver reach, at least to me you are, you have no idea how much youve helped just me alone. hope you get over the cold soon, alot of people where i live and work have been sick as well.

can i ask how you got started on pills? i remeraber when i was lurking i followed how you tapered, i thought to myself wow this woman is strong. i know you went slow, then off the xanax as well, its great to see how well your doing and always helping people.

theres so much more i wana say right now but gona hang out with the girlfriend for dinner. Reach your the best, talk to you soon friend.

mydaughtersmom

How are you doing now...love the successes!

icehouse3z

Reach...everytime you respond to me it lifts me up no matter how bad iam feeling whether its from w/d or shame and guilt from relapse.... and makes me want to fight this harder. When i posted this thread almost exactly 1 month ago i knew you would read my story and and encourage me...i just knew it. I've been a lurker for along time on the site and have read many of your posts, you have a big heart and i know you care and that means alot. Two of your postings #21 and #24 really got me and helped me look at the big picture, you really got me to think hard and took a good look at myself from the inside out.

I will check out that book tomorrow on my lunch break at the library. the real me will be back, unlike in the past im realizing i do have a fear of sobriety because ive been on the drugs for such a long time.i also need another outlet as far as support as you said, i thought in the past so many times....oh i can do this by myself....i now know that i cannot. the person i used to be before all this started will be back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information