Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    dorskin

addicted to Percocet Somebody please help me.

Lisa,

I was in the same boat when I decided to get clean. I was getting 90 oxy/mo and was only 10 days into the month when I realized I was down to 8. Ummm wow, how much was going to be enough?? I knew I needed to get clean and with help from my fiance I made the decision.

It was a tough, no lie. When it seemed like too much, I just told myself.....For this hour Im not going to use. If that was too long.....For the next 10 minutes, Im not going to use. I just kept telling myself this over and over. I had good support around me of ppl that understood what I was going through. And just like you, I knew the pills were killing me. My family had grown tired of the constant attitudes, flip outs and an overall displeasure it was to be around me. I told them when I decided to get clean and I had their full support.

If anything, just remeraber....YOU CAN DO THIS. Sobriety is a gift and the question is "Are you ready to accept it?" By coming on this board and sharing I believe you are, so I'll pray for you. Please take this gift and save your life.

God bless and keep us informed

d

reachout

Hello Lisa

To tackle addiction is to tackle a lot of fear. Fear of the secret being out, fear of the withdrawal, fear of life without the pills. Oh, I know these fears well because I was addicted to opiates and to Xanax. Those fears grow and grow until they become like an out of contol cancer in our very souls.Like you, my use spiraled and with it, my entire life spiraled downward as well.

How do we get out of the horrible circles we are running in? We face the fear and do what we have to. And that first fear is spilling the story to our doctor. Lisa, I can not tell you the huge relief that comes once we find the courage to do this. Oh, of course I cried and sobbed and felt humiliated and erabarrassed.... and you know what? It was all self-imposed! The only thing my doctor wanted to do was help me... and he did! I left his office that day with more hope than I knew could be possible. I left feeling 50 lbs lighter with so much of the fear gone. I left with HOPE.

I am clean for over a year now. My life is calm, it is happy, it is no longer filled with demons of fear. I don't miss the pills and I sure don't miss the life I was living in them. It took a year of tapering, first from Ocycodone and then from Xanax. Yes, it was difficult, really hard, at times. However, as I moved along, it became more and more possible. I totally hated the withdrawal at times, but I knew it was my only chance to live, truly live, again and I wanted it more than anything. I wanted my life back, and I have it again.

Lisa, print out your thread and hand it to the doctor if you don't feel you can get the worRAB out. Our doctors can only help us best when all the information is truly disclosed. Please, please, take a leap of faith here and belive that those who have gone before you understand what is happening in your head and know what has to be done. Put the brakes on the downward spiral and begin today to find the restored life that is waiting for you.

With all hope and care
    reach

dorskin

Lisa,

How we doing today girl?? Checking in and want to make sure you are doing ok

BIG HUGZ

d

jerry111165a

Lisa, Make sure you research the Rapid/Accellerated Detox...I've heard some negative stuff about it.

jerry.

emsmom

Hello Lisa,

Just want to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope today is a bit better for you. I'm around all day, so if you can, let us all know how you're doing.

Thinking of you,
    Love emsmom

ashamed101

Lisa,

I'm not going to write my story because I don't want you to take the time to read it. You need help NOW! Please, please, please!!! If you can't drive yourself to ER (and it sounRAB like you can't) call for an arabulance.

Please! You are in desperate need for professional medical treatment. I cry for so many of you but you have really tugged at my heart. You CAN beat this with professional help. ThousanRAB of others have, you WILL, too. You have so much to live for...my gosh...your grandchildren! I, too, am a grama and this is why I'm cleaning up my act. I want to live to see her grow up!

Turn off your computer. Get help now. I don't want you to become another statistic. Please, Lisa. I'm sure many others would agree with me.

We're all behind you!

Love, hugs, prayers and blessings.
    A~

:angel:

emsmom

Good morning Lisa,

You are not alone here There are alot of people in your position, or have been in your position before, so you'll get alot of help here.

You can do this! Have a chat with your doctor, don't be afraid, mosts doctors are aware of the problems with addiction.

I got a tear in my eye when I read that the tears were streaming down your face I was once in that exact position. I knew what I was doing, and I knew it had to stop but I didn't want to tell my doctor cause that meant I'd eventually have to taper down and discontinue the one thing that I really enjoyed doing. Well, I thought I enjoyed it - it ruined my life. I started out with percocet, just like you. When I hit rock bottom, I was taking 10 Oxycontin 80's per day! Thats 800mg of oxycodone IN ONE DAY. One percocet has 5mg, so if you do the math, I was taking the equivalent of 160 percocets a day.

I'm not saying you'll turn out like me. I'm just trying to show you how quickly it get out of hand. From the time I got my first script of 30 percocets, to the time I was taking 800mg, it had only been about 12 months.

Lisa, you can do this. You don't want to get any worse, do you? Take control now, talk to your doctor and figure out a way for you to taper down.

If you need advice, suggestions, encouragement...then you've come to the right place There are some really wonderful people on this board, people who will stand behind you and guide you through your journey to recovery.

With love and support,
    emsmom (K)

makayla2004

I feel your pain. How are you today> I am in the same boat as you. Maybe we can do it together?

Mecan

well lisa im on day 1 of quittin perc/oc. its no fun bud. Do you have anyone in real life to stop by and check on ya? help out? if you do dont b scared to tell them thats the only reason im quittin or id be emptying my pockets as i type to buy some more. on a happy note i saw u had a minpin, i have 4 2 black&rust, 1 stag red, and a blue and they know when u feel bad too it sounRAB ridiculous but i talk to my buddies(dogs) all the time i think they have kept me sane sometimes hehe. i wish you the best and stick with it, it will be well worrth it, god knows noone like to gothrough the dam w/d's but we do it to ourself we can get out

ashamed101

Worrying about you. Please post back and let us know how you're doing.

A~

:angel:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information