Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    emsmom

Methadone Withdrawal HELP

IainDonald,

Great reply! It is always encouraging to hear of someone's personal experience. Although we're all different and our recoveries are not the same, I really think ar1985 can benefit from your experience and suggestions.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get off Methadone with ease. That should be very encouraging to ar1985. Since her insurance is running out and she neeRAB to make this a quicker taper, how do you feel about her cutting down to a small amount right now, then cutting down to a "ridiculously small amount" until she is down to nothing?

I've never used Methadone (I am on Suboxone) so I don't know from personal experience if doing so would help her.

Have a great day,
    emsmom

ar1985

I have been at a methadone clinic for 4 years. Originally my dose was at 150mg. I have been tapering for the last year, and today I am at 16mg. I report to the the clinic once a week, and have never had a positive urine sample. I am ready to be done! As of Aug 2010 I do not have insurance, and cannot afford to pay privately. However I have to, because I am not done tapering yet. I have not felt ANY pain yet. I did jump from 24mg to 16mg in a 2 week period (4 per week) and was urinating excessively last week. Like every hour! I now want to be done by the end of August or if I have to, Septeraber. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW FAST OR SLOW TO TAPER? I am set up to go 3mg every 2 weeks. But I want to go down even more, The clinic says if I keep going this fast it will catch up with me, and I do not want that. Any suggestions on where to start? Is it possible to be off of a 16mg in a month or two?

IainDonald

Heh jackbeanstalk cheers for the reply tough am nae so sure about that if on the other hand you`d said CRAZY then i would tend to agree. Am telling ye mate it hurts my head when i think about how big a problem society in general has created which will take probably decade`s to solve if ever. But i suppose trying to take on the worlRAB problems is maybe i step too far it`ll be a mission just keeping myself on the right path.
    Keep the Faith.

Jackbeanstalk

I don't mean to get off the subject, but I thought Methadone clinics were free. The drug itself is very inexpensive, I just wondered if it was that necessary to do this in 2 weeks, to put a time limit that would add pressure to things (?) I know personally how tough it is, coming off "M", it looks like you're doing a pretty good job so far. You can do it, even if you have to go down a 1/4 of a tablet at a time, that last 15-20 mgs. is going to be the hardest (in most cases), but I did it by tapering the last 15 mgs. slowly. Good Luck! Jackbeanstalk

jenn1977

Hi! You are now where i was a month in a half ago. I was at 10mgs of methadone daily for almost 5 yrs. However, i decided one morning just not to return to the clinic. Everybodys body is different so i cant say what symptoms you will or wont have. If you are detoxing and arent feeling anything but frequent urination, you are doing great. If you do increase at a greater rate, your chances of withdrawl double. Please do not put a time limit on your recovery. You are in the right minRABet right now. I prepared myself for the worse but a little over a month later, i "feel normal" again. Take warm baths in epsom salt. It helps sweat the methadone that is retained in your fatty cells. Also, you need a good multivitamin, omega 3 fish oil and DO NOT EAT RED MEATS FOR A MONTH. Drink alot of water and gatorade in case you become dehydrated. Please feel free to post a reply if u need any help. It would be my pleaseure. Good Luck! you can and will do it.....jenn1977

shazbaz

hi iain random question was u in spain last week?

IainDonald

when your backs up against the wall i.e. your insurance is running out this is when you make the most important decisions i was fortunate enough to never have that problem living in Scotland and having the NHS so i`m grateful for small mercy`s.
    But i feel sometimes with always having something to fall back on can be a negative thing as well there`s nothing to motivate you to do it right because you know there will be no problem getting help. My hurable advise would be to take it as slowly as possible but when there`s a time limit on it it can be difficult.

IainDonald

Heh there ar1985 it`s only this crazy scotsman Iain fae Glasgow Scotland wondering how your getting on with detoxing whether you`ve started or away to start, i hope you are keeping ok if there`s anything i can help you with withregarRAB to any advise not that i`m any kind of expert cause am not, but i listen pretty good or in this case read pretty good, i only have my experience of detoxing off methadone how much that may help you i don`t really know. But even if it`s just the case of reminding you that it can be done and that it is possible all be it by someone a few thousand miles away the journey`s the same wherever you may be in the world. Take care Iain

IainDonald

Hello shazbaz why do ye think i was in spain? I was`nt i`ve been working hard at college for what feels like a lifetime but has only really been 4 months, :dizzy::wave:

dwh1961

seems like you have come a long way with the clinic's help. I don't know but, why would you not continue with their help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information