Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    17mary

New to the site...but not new to anxiety

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to add that my therapist said I shouldn't look up symptoms on anxiety either because its not going to help just make you obsess more. I told him I went on a message board instead but he still said I shouldn't do that either because all I'm thinking about is anxiety. I disagree, the message board helps you talk to others with the same problem and doesn't make you feel so alone. I have a great family but they don't have anxiety so how can they really understand.
    I'm taking zoloft for about 6 years and for these past 4 years no anxiety but something triggered it again and all I do is wait (and pray) for it to go away.
    Does it "go away" for years for anyone out there? And does anyone take Xanax everyday? I'm so afraid of taking Xanax that I suffer instead. thanks for your help. 17mary

Chrystal36

Hello I got some GREAT news today, my PAP came back totally normal...I feel so good about that. I am promissing myself to NOT get to worrying about the next thing and allow myself to have aches and pains without it being something horrible....I would like to stay away from drs. for a while, had my fill....How is everyone else doing with their anxiety?

rapture323

Thanks for everyone's replies! It's great being able to read your stories and also share my own. This last week or so hasn't been too bad for me. It's so amazing how when we keep busy we seem to not feel our anxiety as much. Today I felt chest pain a bit while I was at work. I also feel my anxiety (tight chest and restricted breathing) allot while I am driving to or from work. Most of my physical symptoms lately have been chest, heart flutters, feeling like I cant breath normally. In the past I have had so many different symptoms though!

Chrystal36 - I had a very similar sounding head pain/weird cold sensation on one spot on top of my head for a couple of weeks earlier this year. Doctor couldnt explain it. Scared me for a while though.. but eventually the same as you it went away.

Hope you are all doing well leading up to Christmas and the New Year. Lets hope 2009 will be a much better year for all of us

tiredofworry

Hi Lindaru,

You painted a very vivid picture of your coping skills for the weather. It was comforting and warm. Thanks for showing us the positive spin on dreary weather. We have been blanketed in fog and rain all day, and while it usually brings me down dramatically, having the warm glow of the interior lights has actually cheered me. I haven't had the usual near-total loss of motivation that I usually experience. I think partially that talking about this anxiety here has really helped me. I know that I don't feel so isolated with it anymore.

I've been feeling pretty positive and motivated, something I haven't felt in a super long time! I'm afraid to just erabrace it in case it's just a fleeting thing. Isn't that crazy? I finally feel better, and now I worry I won't keep feeling that way! UGH!

I hope all of you are having a good day, erabracing our health and wellness! Have a super weekend and look forward to something good in each day.

Chrystal36

rapture323, thanks for telling me about your head pain, cold sensation. It also worried me,but I was determined to NOT go to a doctor this time, and sure enough, it settled down. I still get panicky anxiety from time to time, and a ache and pain here and there , but I am just learning to accept that it is ok to have these things, and normal. Can't expect to feel perfect ALL the time, after all, I am 36, right? haha Thanks for the posting and update, hope everyone has a great Christmas....Chrystal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information