Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Kitty2108

DO you thank someone for helping you inadvertently?

Today, i had ss class and then two assessments in the two periods following that class so i was kind of stressed. Coincidentally, our teacher started telling us how grades don't matter and that you don't need to go to the most amazing college ever to be successful; he told us to just be happy. it's like he read my mind.during both of these assessments, therefore, i felt a lot calmer. i normally tend to flip out a little bit if i don't know a problem/ am second guessing myself, but taking the test and the quiz just felt so natural.would it be weird for me to thank him even though he didn't really know what he was doing? what would i say if i did? thanks!that time of the year???and he wasn't giving the assessment, i happened to have some in other classes right after. i have no clue why he happened to give us that speech but it was great timing.

forget it. dun expect pple thanks and treat u nicely back. today pple are freak and doggies characteristic. lesser busybody and none of my business are the best. i learn from the doggies pple.hey look doggies pple, why no one appreciate for all my multiple good deeds ah?

Wraxtiorre

In cases of a presenter happening to offer helpful advice or suggestions without knowing that they are being asked for, it is usually a consensus thing. Most of the people taking that assessment were feeling the same concerns that you were feeling, and the teacher knows that. It's okay to thank him--it reassures him that his helpful hints are not being lost on the crowd.

mako1609

i think any one would appreciate that they helped someone in any way. and it would actually show him that he can say that to all his classes

ChristieS

Just tell him the same thing you did here. It's fine to thank him, it will let him know he is doing a good job.

DJ

Yep,Like my parents,My parents both suck, but somehow them both being horrible at their job made strive to be better than them.

sticky8177

Yeah, you could send an email or just say thanks. Chances are that he knows it's that time of year so it might not have been as unintentional as you think.edit: That time of the year: as in, teachers do not exist in a vaccuum. They know what's happening around them and most are aware when assessments are going on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information