Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please help

Bentleys

please help

Ok I have been through the mill!! I was told i have acid reflux cause i had this feeling of something stuck in my throat!! I was put on ppis 2x a day,tried differnt ones nothing helped!! I saw a gi doctor and they did a 24hour probe they said they saw no sunifcate reflux!! They sent me to a neurologist and he said it could be anxiety!! I have a burning feeling in my throat and mouth and feel like something is stuck in my throat!!I do have anxiety issues but I thought my anxiety was form this feeling of something stuck in my throat,does anyone know if anxiety can cause these symptoms!! My ent did a probe on my saw very little if any reflux, he said gi probes are more accurate! So can someone please help me I dont know what else to do!!! I have heard that anxiety and worrying about your health can do some strange things to your body, I have app to talk to someone about these things, and info would be great!! Just wondering if anyone has ever had these symptoms with anxiety

jr8

please help

Ohh yes,I know that feeling all to well,it is very common in people who suffer from anxiety.

Bentleys

please help

Jr8 have you had similair symptoms like these with anxiety? It's crazy cause I don't even feel like I'm thinking about it but I must be subconsily! Have had all the tests, barium swallow 24 hr probe , blood work scope to stomach, I think if were lpr something would have shown up, or medcations would of helped after 6 mo It was getting worse with being on 2 ppis a day and zantac, I think I have anxiety for years and didn't know it I think it's amazing how it manafestrs in your body! Have you found anything like this it just scares me!! How are you

jr8

please help

Yep!Went to the Dr's about it,the feeling of something in your throat is all to common,I thought i had a tumor or growth in mine,the more you think about it the bigger it feels,Do you ever notice that it isnt there until you think about it and it gets worse?Anxiety causes so many different thing,Achs.pains,sick feeling,dizziness,nurabness,tingling,chest tightness,shortness of breath,the list goes on,but you should always have things checked out first just to be sure.I would really suggest seeing someone and talking to them about the anxiety/depression many people suffer from a chemical irabalance which can be treated with medication,though this can take awile to find the one for you it can really help you get your life back!!I suffered for years after having my daughter but alot of which was not knowing what was going on,but im good now!

Bentleys

please help

Jr8 thanks so much for taking the time to write me back, I am talking to someone about this and doing all the things to make myself well! I just dint get the burning in my throat? I would guess I have reflux cause it burns my throat and mouth, but gi doc said o didn't have it, then my mind gets taken away and I think it is lpr but I was on meRAB for that fir 6 mo so I would have thought they should have helped? My thoat got worse more burning when I was on them?(werid) it's just hard for me to except that anxiety can give you these same symptoms everyday all day? I've trod ssri med but very sensative to them so I'm on antitriptaln 40 mg at night but just upped to 40 so I need to give it time to work, anymore info you have for me or if you could answer any of my questions that would be great, thanks so much glad your doing well, hope I will be too soon

jr8

please help

Glad to here you are seeing someone,from my experiance and readings anxiety and stress can cause many problems in the digestive system,including nasea,heatburn and asid reflux,my dr. put me on meRAB for having these problems,that said if you can get the anxiety under control the rest will follow,after being put on an antidepessant all these other problems soon went away,hang in there!

Bentleys

please help

Thanks so much for talking with me on this! I need some support and I'm hoping I feel better soon!! How long did it take for your medication to work? Did he put on medication for acid reflux or anxiety? Sorry for so many questions just trying to find out the most i can to deal with this!!!thanks so much, so it normal to have these symptoms with anxiety? How long did it take for you to feel better after you learned what it was!! thanks so much~~

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information