Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Kayyy Bee :)

honda civic or mazda 3?

i am 18.
    i am getting either a
    2009 Honda Civic LX Sedan
    or a
    2009 Mazda3 i Touring.

which one is better? why? which one should i get?

Peter K
    I prefer the 2009 Mazda3. Both cars are reliable, built well and very fuel economical so it really just comes down to styling and which one you prefer.

altimaka24de
    bro honda civic is more better car for you. mazda wil get fucked up really soon. and honda has better quality of parts and it's more faster then mazda and the engine is Small and high gas mileage. and if you want to take the honda take the Si it's like infinity G37 fast. one of my Friends has an 08 honda civic si it's extremely fast he beats 05 BMW 335. don't even think about mazda. my father is mechanic he says mazda will brake down really badly.

nono
    it depends on how you drive. Honda civic is more powerful and will live longer, honda civic has better gas millage than Mazda, Mazda is more for trips and it doesent have high gas millage. i would pick the Honda civic. good luck.

big guy
    both are excellent cars...honda probably retains value better but mazda may be less expensive to buy..if i was going to keep it a long time i would go with the mazda..go honda if you think you will be selling or trading within 3 years

chris K
    Look, Mazda's are not really known for reliability. It is a well known fact that Honda is known for reliability, safety, and high resale value. Also, if you want fun to drive, then get the Civic EX, not the LX, then you will have a little more under the hood, a.k.a. your engine will have VTEC in it, which can also help on fuel efficiency depending on how your driving habits are. Everyone can say what they want to here, it all comes down to how you feel, go research and test drive, and do not be swayed by what other people feel, as opposed to actual facts about the car manufacturers reputation and car itself.

lightbulbsmile
    honda!! i have owned 2 mazda 3's and 3 hondas. honda will never ever ever let you down mechanically!!! mazdas are good too, but not as good as hondas. for the money the mazda might appear to be more stylish and might be priced cheaper. don;t let yourself get seduced by the pretty aspects of it. for the same price a mazda will have more options and feel fancier that's true. however, a honda holds its value much better than a mazda. why does it hold its value better in the blue book? because a honda is a better car than a mazda!! also, more people seek to buy a used honda. if a mazda is all you can afford then get that. there is nothing better than a honda unless of course you can afford a saab , bmw or mercedes.

i would also look to buy a used honda from a honda dealership. they have certified used ones that were leased cars or demos. they are alot cheaper and you don;t lose money on the immediate depreciation. the second you drive a new car off the lot it drops in dollar value a huge amount. that money is right in the dealer's pocket.

if you do decide to get a new car tell the salesperson you want the absolute best price he can give you on the model you have decided on. tell him you don;t have time or patience for all the price haggling. tell him he better give you the best price or you will not be back. tell him you are going to leave his dealership and go make a call to another dealership and ask for their very best rock bottom price on the same model car with the same options. tell the saleman if the other dealership gives you a better price, even if the price is better by $50, tell him he will not see your face in his dealership again!! this will make him give you the best price right away because he wants the sale. you have to be a real hard ass when you buy a new car or they will take you for a total ride on the price.

SHAUN B
    knock them both on head and get either a civic type r or mazda 3 mps

cocomarco
    get the mazda 3

the mazda three was co-developed by ford, volvo, and mazda. all three use the platform for the european ford focus, mazda 3, and volvo s40/ v50. without a doubt the mazda will be the safest, and most fun to drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information