Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

K9 Web Protection Administration In Safe Mode With Net Working ?

Hello I Have Blue Coat K9 Web Protection And I Have Windows XP Service Pack 3. When Ever I Have A Problem I Can't Use Safe Mode Or Browse In Safe Mode Because Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Says It's Not Responding Like There's An Error Or Something .My Question Is Is There A Way To Tweak The Registry So Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Will Work In Safe Mode ? So If I Have To I Can Browse In Safe Mode With Networking ? Thanks !!

Unregistered
    I’ve seen a number of people asking this online, and I had to work out a solution myself, so I’m posting it here in case it might help others in the future (i.e. people who might google this issue).
    Also, I’ll note that being entirely locked out of web access under “safe mode with networking” is a problematic property of K9. E.g. Users often enter safe mode to fix malware problems, etc., and having web access is often important under these circumstances.

Information on REG ADD syntax can be found here:
    Reg add

At least on my computer (running Windows 7, 64 bit), the registry keys for K9 are here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\bckwfs

So to have web access with K9 installed, type the following in command prompt (running command prompt as administrator):
    REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Ne twork\bckwfs" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

This adds the K9 service in safe mode with networking.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve seen a number of people asking this online, and I hadto work out a solution myself, so I’m posting it here (even though the original question was posed a year ago) in case it might helpothers in the future (i.e. people who might google this issue).
    Also, IMO being entirely locked out of web accessunder “safe mode with networking” is a K9 design flaw. E.g. Usersoften enter safe mode with networking to fix malware problems, etc., and having web access isgenerally important under these circumstances.

Information on REG ADD syntax can be found here:
    Reg add

At least on my computer (running Windows 7, 64 bit), theregistry keys for K9 are here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\bckwfs

So to have web access with K9 installed, type the followingin command prompt (running command prompt as administrator):
    REG ADD"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot \Network\bckwfs" /VE/T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

This adds the K9 service in safe mode with networking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information