Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    kkmom

Seeking Ideas on Burning Sensation; Chest/Upper Back Area

Hello there, i just wanted to welocme you to the boarRAB and see how you are feelimg today? take care

CHKUEHN1

Good morning everyone.

Just checking in to see how you all are doing. Im pretty sore this morning but its my own fault. My husband works for Honda and yesterday the company rented 6 flags for the employees and their families. All the walking about killed me. My kiRAB kept asking me to ride some rides with them and I finally gave in and did it. I thought.....geez, Im 44 and this just isnt right that I can no longer do these things with my kiRAB. It didnt hurt immediately afterwarRAB but later in the day when we went to the waterpark area, I didnt have a place to sit except on the curb. I just couldnt stand to be on my feet any longer. I started feeling anxious and the pain was getting to me so I had to take a vicoprofen to make it through the rest of the evening. Thank goodness I took them with me. My kiRAB had a blast and I dont regret riding the rides with them at all. Wont be too much longer until they will be grown. I think the walking was what got to me the worst. My lower legs are really sore and also my mid back but I dont think my back is any worse than normal. The worst area in my back is about the level of my bra strap and it radiates around to the front rib area. They are sore to the touch as well as my sternum.
    Not sure if the cervical epidural helped. I dont think I am having the spasms at my upper back as bad.
    Anyway, I am thinking about getting a tens unit to try. The PM Dr said it may help. After that, not sure which way to go. He said he dont know what else to do if the epidural doesnt help.

Hope you all have a great day!

CHKUEHN1

Went to the Chiropractor. He said I have functional Short leg syndrome which has caused me to have scoliosis the full length of my spine. There are about 5 locations where it is compensating for the differences in the leg length and my pelvis is rotated. Put a lift in my shoe with 2 adjustments yesterday. Went back this morning for 2 more adjustments and Electronic muscle stimulation. I had some pretty bad muscle spasms yesterday afternoon. He gave me some samples of Biofreeze. That helped alittle. Going back again tomorrow morning.

Has anyone else tried a Chiropractor?

Thanks chablis!

feelbad

hi sammy,have you actually had an MRI done yet on your c and upper T spine?i am willing to bet,given your symptoms that you DO have some issues up there that are creating all of the strange things you are feeling.it would make sense,really.i too am amazed that your doc got you in to see a NS that quickly,it IS very fast compared to the like one to three month wait that the majority of patients have to wait just for that initial appt.hopefully this NS will be able to help you.but an MRI with contrast,if you have not actually had one yet will most likely show something up there,just given your symptomology.it almost sounRAB as tho you also may have some level of sympathetic involvement too.this would most likely(if true) place your main problem somewhere down at the c 7 T 1 area of your spine(tho that SNS chain actually runs the length of your column,but the main 'junction" area is at where the C meets the T)?i guess you will just have to wait and see.please let us know what you find out.good luck,marcia

CHKUEHN1

Sammy....... just wanted to check in to see how the Dr appt went.
    Hope you were able to get some answers!

CHKUEHN1

Sammy, sounRAB encouraging that maybe its a step in the right direction.

Marcia, My muscles in my back always feel hard & tight. Of course its hard for me to tell if its actual trigger points. Because of all of the work we have been doing the past yr, my back muscles are in great shape. We built a large house and did all of the finishing work ourselves. I did almost all of the painting myself of the 4700 sf of living space including all of the caulking, etc. Back in the spring, we started on the lanRABcaping. My husband & I laid about 20 pallets of sod. We are on the side of a mountain so that made it harder. More recently we are working on 2 retaining walls. (one in front & one in back) The lanRABcaping blocks & caps weighed 40-60 lbs each. We are also building a 1500 sf paver patio in the back which was about 13 pallets of pavers. In one weekend we moved 30 tons of dirt to fill in behind the retaining wall and spread 15 tons of gravel. Just wanted to give you an example of how much work I have been putting my back through but I have to say, I think building those muscles helped to support my back better. For the past 2-3 wks I have not done any strenuous work like that and I have felt worse so Sunday I started helping my husband again with our project. I think it also gets my mind off of the pain.
    My most recent MRI reaRAB this way: Mild Left paracentral posterior disc herniation at T6-7 which does not cause significant stenosis or narrowing." The MRI I had in 2004 stated it was touching the cord but it is still surrounded by CSF. The only Drs I have been to so far is the Orthopedic in 2004 & the Pain Mgmt Dr 3 wks ago. I am going to try the Chiropractor & massage therapy to see if that helps. Not sure which way to go after that.

CHKUEHN1

Good luck at the Dr, Sammy. You need to let them know how seriously miserable you are and how it is affecting your life. Ask them to order the blood tests. They pretty much have to do it if you request it. I have worked in the medical field for 25 yrs and I know from experience that you sometimes have to press them to be aggressive and that exactly what you need.... aggressiveness. Dont wait for them to make a suggestion; do all the research you can based on your symptoms and ask for diagnostic tests for any conditions that go along with the symptoms you are having. I really think you have AS.
    Let us know how your appt goes.

Norene, are you supposed to get the Remecade via IV? I had a friend who had a bad case of Crohns disease and she was treated with Remecade by IV. It made her really sick each time she was treated but was her only option at that point. How are they treating you right now?

Good luck Girls!
    Cindy

John PhD.

A natural Remedy for Pain , and available at most nutrient stores is a product called "ANXIETOL 7" . It is a natural anti - anxiety and anti-depressant that also works good as a (pain/nerve blocker) , & normally sold with #60 tabs/ for around $39.99 + tax

sammyo1

MKA, Oh I wish somebody would find out something,maybe it would give the rest of us a clue. My gosh I tried going without pain meRAB & muscle relaxer yesturday evening, never took anything in afternoon, determined to go with out it, talk about pain, laid in bed & slept.My chest/ribs,arm/shoulder & upper back& neck were killing me,could not believe the pain come on that bad not taking the meRAB. Sick & tired of it all, I feel like I am loosing my mind because no doctor yet has found what is wrong. Can barely lift my arm today & my ribs are so darn sore.
    Has anyone even been given a clue yet as to what this type of problem could be? Has to be something. I am not putting to much faith in these tests the doctors run any more. Honest, if they find out what it is I think I would break down & cry in relief. I am afraid to be given the wrong diagnosis. I am also afraid of moving up to stronger pain meRAB, that is why I tried to go without yesturday(& to try to avoid the constipation). I will be taking meRAB today froget that crap. I am losing alot of money with work & can't wait for someone to find out what is wrong, rehab. doc appointment monday. I always think of you all & hope one of us can find out what the heck is going on, funny all of us & no one really has to much of a clue. Has anyone found anything that really gives them relief? Good luck MKA, Sammy

sammyo1

CHK, Be sure to express to him how sore you are, What kind of manipulation is he doing, is he using his hanRAB or the machine, & What else is he doing along with this? Hope you don't mind me asking, just aliitle concerned for you & curious. Sammy

Chab, it you see this how are you doing? my upper back & chest area have been really acting up, curious to see how you are doing?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information