Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    nanna02

Anyone's sex life affected by pain or numbness.

Welcome Aussie Lisa to our Posts ! :wave:
    I saw you replied to Renee016 about her fear of her possibly becoming unable to move and read your reply.
    Yes many of us have this fear I think with Back and Spinal Problems , it is nice to have someone to ask or vent on here , just to share it with eh?

I have been through 3 years of Hell ( THERE!! I'm going to say it now!!)

I've NEVER described it like that ever before, as I wanted to be/.... /sound / stay POSITIVE , like everyone expects me to , but I'm Sick of it at the moment .. my leg is not going good and I'm sick of people trying to make me believe it's all going to turn out wonderful like a B..... Fairytale .. When I'm sorry I have my doubts .!!

I'm NOT being NEGATIVE, but I need the Drs to be HONEST and Physios to open their eyes to the TRUTH!!

I see the Neuro Surgeon (if the appt. happens!) next week 15th, and I'm going to ask him .. what progress does he see now compared to my op 6 months ago ?!!
    It will be interesting .

I AM SORRY to vent so badly tonight on here but I can hardly walk, so what am I supposed to think, eh?
    Any way , it's got off the subject hasn't it , So hello Aussie Lisa .. Glad you like the messages ..

Hope you enjoy the frienRABhip on here .
    Try the Spinal Cord Disorders posts too
    ..A great Bunch of Guys over there too .. !!
    Love Belle NZ xxx

------------------
    A Friend!

jeffanie96

Anyone's sex life affected by pain or numbness.

I'm new here but I feel DISGUSTING and very unsexy. I'm 27, used to be active, a school teacher, newly married. But, I've lost control of my legs and have foot drop and really can't feel anything past my knees on the outside, bulging l5-s1 disc. I feel like the life I had is gone.

I feel gross and ugly and I can't make my body do what I want it to do, so why even try with sex? However, it is so nice to be able to FEEL SOMETHING. I have to spend a fair amount of time talking myself into it, though, but after much trial and error, we've figured out a way that works for us.

My husband has been very understanding and I agree with others that it forces you to be creative sexually which can be very good for a relationship. I have nightmares a few times a week of us going to the doctor together, getting bad news, and then he leaves me all by myself and I'm unable to walk on my own (in the dream).

The feeling of being wanted when you don't even want your own body is a nice thing.

And I'm so grateful for all of your posts in this forum. It's helped so much.

Stephanie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information