Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    >kGs<

I have been officially censored at work because I do not support President-Elect Obama?

If a group of employees were have pro-active, constructive, calm conversations... and one employee became divisive, irritated, heated, and/or whiny... I would privately suggest that employee remove themselves from the discussion.Based on your question and additional comments, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's not your opinion being corrected, but your attitude. Political views are rarely appropriate in the workplace in any case. Have you decided to suck it up and stay out of the conversation as your employer has instructed? If not, I'd consider you insubordinate.

$tanyboy95

I have been officially censored at work because I do not support President-Elect Obama?

I find it hard to believe that you were censored for your political views. More likely you were censored for your choice of words when expressing your views and/or for not being respectful of other viewpoints, calling people stupid for voting for Obama, for example is not respectful. I know a guy who uses the N word in every rebuttal regarding Obama. That is not 'political discussion'. That is hate talk.

$teve-o

you are working a a really intolerable workplace! You go girl!

#88 for 2008

Yes, however I know who I can and can't talk to and about what. We do our best to get along but politics is a very divisive issue and it is definitely along racial lines.

$T0N3Y

Contact the Labor Relations Board, and file a discrimination charge. You have every right to voice your opinion. If the Obama supporters are allowed to voice theirs and you are not, that is discrimination. File a charge, they will cool their heels are be sued.

$uh-leen

I wasn't really censored but I was told by my Human Relations rep to keep my political opinions to myself, I told him that I would keep my opinions to myself when everyone else was made to do the same thing, and if I was to be give a written notice that I would ensure that everyone else also be written up.We have had layoff's but I made it clear that I would take all legal means available to me if I was on the lay off list since I am over 60 years old. The only way they can legally lay me off is if my position is eliminated, if my position is eliminated then so is the other 3 positions within my group.My HR rep told me to just not be the one that is instigating the discussions and he would support me 100%

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information