Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    $Bling$ $Bling$ $Boy$

I have been officially censored at work because I do not support President-Elect Obama?

Has this happened to you? In my work place, people can praise Obama all they like, but I have been forbidden to voice my opinions because they are not "pro-Obama". Is anybody else having this problem?Chronos---You may not be "buying it" but I can assure you it is happening.r1b1c*---Politics are discussed at my work place on a daily basis, but my views are different from the majority, so what do you think?Michael S---I was told in an office, with the door shut, that I may not discuss politics in any manner. My co-workers know about this and openly talk about politics right in front of me.Just Another Hooligan---I agree with you, and no, I do not go too far, I have legitimate concerns about his policies. I also have to listen to my co-workers rip Bush to shreds, and cannot open my mouth to defend him.Tokolosh---You would seriously fire me, because my beliefs are different from yours, and I use my right to Freedom of Speech?Chukki---I support my country, but not the man who will become President.C K---I understand what you are saying, but the issue isn't Politics, the issue is that some are allowed to discuss politics freely, and others are not. It should be "all or nothing", not "some".Pachl---Unfortunately, there is no paper trail. It is a big company, and they would never allow a paper trail to something like this.Todd T---You are incorrect, I do not get divisive, heated, or irritated. I do not put others down for their support of their candidate. It is not an issue of attitude either. My views are simply different from the majority. The question remains the same however, and that is, how can you censor one, but not all?Planet---I have been respectful, I don't call Obama any bad names, nor do I call degrade my co-workers for their beliefs. I think the "N" word should be banned from the English language. My problem is not racial by any means, but it seems like a lot of people want to turn it into one, and that is truly sad.

!Mo_Dizzle!

I have been officially censored at work because I do not support President-Elect Obama?

Sounds like you need to change jobs.

#1 NYY FAN!

Sorry but I'm not buying it.

!física Último!

Depends on where you work, I suppose.It's a free country, you should be able to voice your opinion.

#DYNAMiTE* (SHiiZLE!)

You should sue your employer. That is against the law. I haven't been censored. I keep my opinion to myself because it is not a popular one.

$$$$$$$$$$

Politics should not be discussed in the work place, are you sure you were censured because of your political views and not for voicing political views? Not the same thing.

$100MM

I guess it would help to know what kind of work you're in. At my job, we generally don't broadcast our political beliefs because it's one of those things you just don't discuss.

$Maker

SO what your saying is you get in trouble because you do not support Obama. They are taking away your right of free Speech. That is not right this is usually what happens to me. One non-Obama supporter against a bunch of liberals.

<<< MarilynManson>&g

No

$100MM

No, but I don't believe you, and even if it were true, you would have no legal recourse -- your employer can have you recite Jabberwocky if that's what he wants.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information