I cant sit or lie down for a minute without severe pain in my buttocks groin area . When I stand and walk the pain subsides. When I first found out about the herniation from an MRI after over a year of having the pain and three cat scans I took advice from a chiropracter friend and went for treatment on a spinemed decompression table. I did 18 treatments with no relief. When I showed the DC the latest CT she pointed out the herniation.I am very upset the hospital didnt see it when they did the CT I will be looking at the first two when I get back from the treatment. If you look at the side view of the MRI the herniation is pressing about 3/8 to 1/2 of the way into the nerve column behind the spinal cord could that be causing cramping/pain in my buttock/groin area? I am so over the pain and inability to sit and relax or lie down I am seriously considering having an operation but do not know if there is anything else I can do to avoid it. Frontal view on CT shows that the vertebra are very close possibly bone on bone and no medication vicodin 750 anti inflamatories muscle relaxers epidural shots have given me any relief. In the last two days prescribed 15mg's of Morphine and Gabapentin hoping for relief. Clirabing the walls would be a good example of the pain on the 1-10 scale. I hope that there is relief and no permanent damage. Went to a Neuro he said pt wont help micro wont and recommended anterior fusion 2 hour surgery out next day six week recovery (what does the recovery consist of?) Is he stretching the truth? No PT after either. Scared yes but over this pain it goes from my tailbone straight down to to my privates and never lets up. Can't live with the pain so I think the op is the only choice. Anyone else ever had these same symptoms? Did it go away after the surgery?