Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Walter P

My 2009 Toyota Tacoma is having alot of troubles but dealer doesn't notice it!!!!?

when im going about 5-7 mph its making a thumping noise like if someone is banging on the trucks floor slowly then when iam going about 60 mph it goes much faster and it is really annoying and the dealer doesnt notice it and he also said "its normal" another problem it has is that all three speakers in the back are blown out or ripped or something becuase they sound like crap but the dealer says yu have to tune the radio or something like that

dex92504
    In an effort to answer your question, I need to know if the thumping noise ocurrs while braking. Clearly, if the thump is getting faster as you accelerate,and is not when you are braking, then it may have to do with something in the tires, or other moving parts that accelerate as you do.

Sliteofhand
    Do yourself a favor and take your truck to another Toyota dealer.
    They do have bad dealers and good dealers.
    Where I live there are five dealerships within 75 miles and one of them is atrocious and the others are just fine and one of them is tops with me. it is 20 miles away but they are fair, they listen and they probe to find the answers and their prices are in line with other dealers.
    The crap one will screw up your car, or damage the paint or whatever it takes to get you to come in with a complaint so they can put their super sales force to work on you trying to get you to sign something binding. They are three miles from me.
    I am wise to them but I have seen others ripped off and heard others complaints.
    Toyota makes a fine machine and even if you don't take the best care of it you will have a great truck for years.
    I bought mine in 1992 and I still drive it constantly and I still love driving it and I keep it tight but I am not the best in maintenance.
    I am down right legarthic when it comes to washing and body care and repair so it looks a little shabby, but I will put it up against any other stock truck and run you into the ground.
    At 63 I can drive pretty darn good and I race it like a sports car on windy roads and mountain passes.
    I used to race S.C.C.A. back before I had ever had a truck.

Eric F
    Got a different toyota dealer. if they give you the same answer, that nothing's wrong, you need to call Toyota themselves and get the district rep on the phone.

If you still can't get any help, call your state's bureau of automotive repair, they will help, and it's free.

Kelsey
    tel thm whutz rong XD

maryann p
    Your dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you. You have a warranty take it to a shop and get it fixed for free. And just don't buy from that dealer again. And I would report that dealer.

Arthur B
    The thumping noise is in the driveline because it increases with speed. Maybe a CV joint?
    IF you don't get any satisfaction from your dealer, Get on Toyota's web site and explain your problem. Toyota has a history of taking care of their customers even if your dealer won't.

pinksteel10
    ask to see the factory rep.

Lola
    You got a crap car, call a lemon law lawyer.

atlantarockz96
    some reason he doesn't want business with you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information