Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Exile
    I don't know but Obama's plan for a "contentious cabinet" didn't work so well for Lincoln.

susisays
    His huge ego apparently has over-ridden the fact that Abe was a Republican! Just wait until all his *inexperience* catches up to this idiot!!!!!!!!

Brian
    They have nothing in common besides being from Illinois. I find his comparison to Lincoln absolutely appalling and disrespectful to Lincoln.

If Obama understood history, I figure he would actually speak out against Honest Abe as he has against George W. Bush. First, the Emancipation Proclamation, an Executive Order, freed the slaves (would Barack consider that an abuse of power?). Second, Lincoln suspended the right of habeas corpus during the war. Third, he instituted a draft, which many considered unconstitutional. Also, if you had $300, you would avoid the draft.

What was the end result of all those? The United States of America won the Civil War and was on its way to be the great nation that it is today. Barack is using his vision of the ends, but not the means, when trying to compare himself to Lincoln.

Stephanie says F Israel.
    Oh yeah because he is black and like Lincoln freed the slaves and its this whole big historic moment.

I mean the media likes to draw attention to the fact that he is half black and our first black President.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information