Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    happygirl440

Have I lost my mind?

Well I seen my PM today and they stopped the Cyrabalta and put me back on the paxil.
    Cindy

deb53

Have I lost my mind?

Glad you heard back and I hope you get results with the 60 mg. At least you know now that you have the option of going to 30 mg. Keep us posted.

Deb

apocalypto22

Have I lost my mind?

hi all,cyrabalta worked great on my nerve pain but not my depression.I was forced off it since comp wouldn't authorize further meRAB,was not a nice feeling withdrawal and they should been held liable for me going through that.again they don't care and no law goes after them

camperboy

Have I lost my mind?

Hi Cindy,

just out of curiosity... why did you stop the Paxil? Was it just not working well anymore? I was taking zoloft (for depression) and after about 5 years it just wasn't doing the job anymore. I tried to go on Cyrabalta, but kaiser wouldn't pay for it, so I went on something close (Effexor). So far it's going well. PTSD is kind of a different animal than just plain old depression. I would do as others suggest and talk to your doctor about your experience so far. In my unprofessional opinion, it sounRAB like you've had enough time to adjust and maybe it's just not the right thing for you. But ask your doctor.

Good luck!

David

mcda

Have I lost my mind?

Cindy and David...My husband is also suffering with P.T.S.D. and is currently on Celexa, and it just isn't helping anymore! His disorder is caused from a military accident. I pray, Cindy, that the Cyrabalta will help you. I see the way that my husband suffers and pray for relief for everyone that has to go through that type of stress. Please continue to keep us all updated!

camperboy

Have I lost my mind?

yes... from what I understand it is not uncommon for SSRI's and the like to just not work as well after a couple (or several) years.

happygirl440

Have I lost my mind?

I've been taling Cyrabalta for two months now. I feel like I have lost my mind. I am having severe mood swings and sleep either three to four hours a night or 15 hours a day since starting this drug. I take 60 mg. I was on Paxil for about 15 years for PTSD so my PM had me stop that and start the Cyrabata to help with nerve pain. I notice no differance for the nerve pain but my emotions are way out of controll. Has anyone else had this effect? Just trying to figure out in my own mind if it is really the drug or if I am having sometype of breakdown. I use to be a very happy person even with all my pain but now I snap at people for no eason and also cry a lot.
    Thanks, Cindy

deb53

Have I lost my mind?

Happy Girl,
    I've been researching this drug as I am having a horrible time getting off of it. It also did not help with my nerve pain which is the reason it was prescribed. I didn't have the other symptoms you describe while on the drug but I do have them trying to get off of it. This is a fairly new drug and I'm not sure all is known about its effects. Research online and you will find lots of info and testimonials from other users. Also look up SSRI/SNRI Discontinuation Syndrome, I am sure that is what I am dealing with. I think the drug company has not given physicians all the info they need to make informed decisions about prescribing this drug. Also read my "Cyrabalta..... " thread, you will find others who have struggled with this drug. I truly feel that Cyrabalta has its place for certain people and it can be a wonderful drug and has allowed some to live a pain free life. For others it may not be quite as good. Good luck Happy Girl, my heart goes out to you. You haven't lost your mind, and if you have then I have also lost mine. Please, please keep me posted.

Deb

ms_west

Have I lost my mind?

What dosage are you on? My doctor had me come off of prozac and start cyrabalta at 20 mg, I was extremely emotional and having alot of balance issues. When my doctor moved me up to 40 mg, the balance issues became less of a problem; however, my emotional well being improved dramatically.

You might need an adjustment.

mcda

Have I lost my mind?

Hello, happy...I pray that the switch back to Paxil will relieve the "mood swings". Thanks again for the update and continue to keep us all updated!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information