Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    deb53

Talked to surgeon....

My surgeon had asked me to call today to report to him about how I felt with the Medrol dose pack. He called and I was really hurting so he probably heard more than he thought he would....I told my hubby what I said and he said "well the surgeon certainly didn't have to read between the lines on that one!"
    He didn't have a lot of answers (do they ever?) but he feels that my symptoms have changed enough to warrant another MRI. If we do this one and there is absolutley no change then I will accept that this is just my life. I'm not convinced that something hasn't changed in there since I have so many new symptoms and more pain and until I know for sure I can't just accept this yet.
    SteroiRAB.....I asked him since they helped what does that tell him about what is going on? He said obviously inflammation...I asked should I STILL have inflammation after 9 months???? His response was flare ups.
    I asked "tell me now and be honest..is this just my life and the way I will be for the rest of my life?". He said no he hasn't given up on me yet and is not ready to throw in the towel. He said "we will work and make it better". He really is a very sweet guy but I think he just doesn't do well with surgeries that don't completley fix the problem. I told him my quality of life sucks right now and that I am a B..ch most of the time (yes I said that word). He did actually listen and was very understanding.
    He said we may need to go back to the PM, the infamous Dr. M. I said he would need to find someone else that I will never see him again. I then told him what I thought of Dr. M in no uncertain terms....and I told him that I knew I was not the only one with issues with him. He agreed although he said he still feels he is the best "sticker" (thought that was a new way of putting it). He will think about who else I can go to if I need someone. He does feel that we may get to the point of a SCS though.
    So now that I've shared way more info than you needed to know.....sorry....he wants to see me after the MRI and will then make a plan.
    Guess I could have left the rest out right? I'll claim "brain fog"!

Deb

Baybreeze

Talked to surgeon....

Ok, you'll have to let us know what this new MRI reports. I know we are having similiar symptoms so I'd definitely like to know the outcome of it. (Of course I do know it wouldnt mean I had the same thing, but you know what I mean). If I had another MRI right now, I'm not sure what it would show (except for what was on my last MRI). Since the MRI would be laying down & I really dont have any pain or symptoms while laying down (except for tingling toes), mine probbably wouldnt show anything diffeernt.

I will say, though, the last MRI I had was in May of '07, which was 8 months after my surgery) and the report mentioned "soft tissue edema posteriorly". So I think this means some kind of swelling in there, though im not sure of which soft tissues. I dont know if it was still from surgery (which is hard to believe) or if it was from something getting aggravated in there. Im just thinking it doesnt have to do with the surgery anymore.

cannoli31

Talked to surgeon....

Hi, Dr. M isnt located in San Francisco is he?

deb53

Talked to surgeon....

He is in Richmond, Va. I certainly hope there is not another like him out there!

Deb

BlueAtlas

Talked to surgeon....

Hi Deb, :wave:

No, that wasn't too much info! It gave us a pretty good picture of where you're at, and I'm sooooo glad the doctor called when he did. He got the real picture, too, no doubt! What could be better? And what a blessing that he listened and isn't giving up on you! It sounRAB like you're in good hanRAB. But I do hope he can come up with another PM for you.

Do you have a date yet for the new MRI? I hate to say, but I think we're all thinking that we hope it DOES show changes. That would justify your pain and confirm that something else neeRAB to be done. Let's keep up the hopes that you can still be "fixed" and get back to a much less painful life.

Hope today's a better one for you.

Take care,
    Emily

ms_west

Talked to surgeon....

Deb, I am glad that your surgeon is listening to you that is a good thing. I hope that you can get down to the bottom of this soon and that your pain lessons.

I think you are in a very difficult spot right now --- it is hard not knowing whether this is the best it is going to get or if things are going to improve. Unfotunately, I don't think they can honestly say. I am here for you if you need me.

I may not post as much but I am reading.

cannoli31

Talked to surgeon....

Its a famous plastic surgeon in SF. Sorry about the confusion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information