Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    laf761

Oh Boy......first day back to work

Thanks MM and DP....MM..sorry to hear that your thigh pain continues. What is a TENS unit? And you were doing so well for such a long time.

DP...Hope you got through the weekend without too much stress and you both enjoyed a nice Mother's Day.

Interesting..I tried the bike at my Mom's house and started to hear almost a grinding/clicking sound, wasn't sure if it was my back, or my hip...Stopped immediately..anxious to see if the same happens at PT tomorrow..

Boy I get the feeling it will always be something with all of us.

Hang in there ladies...My thoughts are with you both:angel:

mznell

Hi LAF ~

Every "first" is an adventure, isn't it? Hopefully it will get easier as you go along with the routine, and get acclimated again.

Every time I say out loud tht I am doing well, etc. I seem to suffer a set-back. Today after walking just a short while, I developed a burning in the top of both thighs -- so severe that I wasn't sure I could continue walking and make it back to the car!!

Hope you are cuddled up to your ice pack, and feeling better.

Rest Well! Anothe adventure awaits!!

xx M:wave:M

mznell

Hey LAF ~

It just occurred to me your fusion was at L3-4, wasn't it? Did you have pain in the front of your thigh?

BlueAtlas

I'm glad you can go back part time. How long will you be able to do that before being full time again? Do you take all your toys to work, ie, heating pad/ice packs, grabber, meRAB? It might help to have more than one chair on standby at work so you can have some variety. By changing chairs every now and then, so you're at a slightly different height and angle, the stress on your back will change and maybe make it easier to get through the 4 hours. Just a thought...

You're probably not going to be able to do much else for a little while, but just like in the beginning after your surgery, you'll see progress and find yourself getting stronger and tolerating more and more. It must be good to be back, even though it's hard. Congratulations on that! Hang in there. It will get easier.

Blessings,
    Emily

Moldova

Laf,

I can imagine how hard this on you. But like Emily said it will get easier, I hope. I remeraber when I went back to work after having big knee surgery: I was for 12 weeks on cratches still and in a lot of pain. First week i thought what a bad idea was to rush back 2 weeks after surgery. Next week I was doing better and month later still being on cruthces I was very happy to be back.
    I think when you work, you socialize with co-workers time goes so fast. I loved working because it took my mind away from pain.

With my back is a different story. I went back 3 month later and had to quit in 2 weeks. My surgeon did not believe I will be able to do it, but I insisted. Did not work, unfortunatelly.
    I hope everything will work just great for you. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! I remeraber like today when you just went for surgery and now you are back to work - incredable!

Take care
    Love and Blessings...:angel:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information