Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wymom94

Recovery mistake (embarrassment and pain)

Hi Cherir, I'm sorry to hear that you have permanent pain. I know that I have permanent issues due to my cervical problems, but am really hoping that my lurabar pain and problems just plain go away (or for a long time, at least). How long was it before you were able to sit for long perioRAB, after your surgery? I don't think I'm going to try a movie theater for little while, but I will definitely not go back to the same one when I eventually do, will try different seating elsewhere.
    And, thank you Mary and Mamasan for responding, too. It was hard not to feel erabarrassed, but I was quite grateful it was only me that felt that way, not my husband or son. My sister has said before that she would be erabarrassed to be out with me if I had certain problems and she does mean it, but I know she also hates seeing me in pain. I just don't like hearing her say the erabarrassed part.
    I had my second session of pool therapy today and told my PT about my mistake yesterday. She gave me some exercises to do at home (outside the pool) when I told her, so maybe they'll strengthen up my 'sitting' areas. I was surprised at how difficult they were for me to do. It really is a slow healing process.
    Thanks again all 3 of you,
    Meghan

kdk819

Hi Meghan I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to your initial post, but here goes. I give you credit for going to the movies. It may not have been a great experience, but you did it! Hooray for you. What really bothered me was what you said about your sisters comment. I totally relate, but not with my sister (she's been great & extremely supportive) my adult children. I think we also tend to beat ourselves up, especiallly if we lead active and productive lives before. I know I am extremely sensitive since having my surgery. I don't look the same, I can't dress the same, and frankly there are days where I don't even get dressed. Its not a good place to be. Try not to take everything to heart. Peoples stupid comments, are just that, stupid. I also think people stare not to be rude, but because I have found that yes, there are genuinely nice people out there, and I think its sometimes more out of concern. Keep your chin up. Keep smiling. Hope things get better. Kathy

lfoster21

I am so sorry for what you have been through. Please do not feel erabarassed...I know how easy it is to want to try to go jus a bit further in our progress and sometimes we find out that we have gone a little to far and too soon. I will tell you, that after my fusion and lami. surgeries (2)...it was at least 12-16 weeks before I could sit for a long period of time (up to an hr. at a time). It then got to be longer as time went on. So please continue to take it slow. You had the right idea, if you get up to walk just a few mins., you will be able to sit for another stretch of time. I know that is hard to do, in certain situations, like at a movie, but just remeraber what happened this time and you will probably be more likly to not do it again.

Hugs and prayers,
    Lorie:angel:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information