Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    !! SinghOz !!

probably overthinking it, but would like your honest thoughts?

Ok I've been trying not to ask a "Do you think I could be pregnant?" question, because I know everyone asks this! However I have more than convinced myself I am (i would like to think I know my body, & I just "feel" pregnant!). But I am looking for your thoughts, honest ones!So here's the deal... My fiance and I have been having unprotected sex for almost 6 months now, not necessarily trying to conceive before now, but would be happy if I got pregnant. AF came last on Dec. 17th and was early (which is unusual for me, im usually right on 28 days). I do not know the exact days we had sex, but we do often and so there would be a good chance we did around when I was ovulating. On January 2nd, I had slight spotting pinkish in color and only twice when I wiped (sorry if TMI)... this is also very unusual to me, and I can never remember having spotting before. A few days after that I started feeling nauseous, i've had pains near my ovaries and in my lower abdomen, my nipples have been really sore and red, i've been getting frequent headaches, going to the bathroom more often, eating more often, and even been a lot more tired than usual. I took a hpt on Jan 13 (one day before my missed period), and another on Jan 16th... both of which were negative. I was starting to lose hope, but still had the symptoms and AF was still a no show. This past saturday night (Jan 17th) I woke up in the middle of the night with period-like cramps, and they continued through most of sunday. This is wierd for me because I don't normally get cramps until the day after I start. And then sadly, sunday afternoon AF came... or so I'm thinking? It started very light, just spotting all through sunday (it usually starts very heavy for the first 2 days). And then this morning until now it was more of a regular flow, but much lighter than normal still. My cramps also have been almost non-existent today. I still feel pregnant though, pain(not period like) by my ovaries, tired, sore nipples (not usual with my period)... etc.I got a little curious today and started looking around for answers and read about decidual bleeding... and started to think maybe I wasn't completely crazy in being so convinced I'm pregnant?I know I'm most likely looking way to far into this and letting my hopes get the best of me, which is why I'm hoping maybe you guys can bring me back down to earth. Or do you think it's possible I'm actually pregnant and just tested too early because AF was a little off?I know some of you will say test again, or go see the doctor... but i've read that if it is decidual it most likely won't show up positive until after it's done. And I have made a dr's appt but she cant see me until next week... so I was just looking for some thoughts in the mean time. Thanks in advance for the help, and baby dust to you all!Just wanted to add that I didnt start thinking I was pregnant until I started feeling it... as I was not trying to conceive so I had no reason to think I was!Also I started having the symptoms about 2 weeks before I was even supposed to start my period, which is why I don't think they are form that (only thing normal for my period is bloating and cramps)Thanks for the answers though, and it's nice to hear someone else is in the same situation

!!!!Fantastik Elle!!!!

WOW scary enough ... I am in "almost" the exact same situation. MY b/f and I stopped using protection about 5-6 mos ago - not trying but not stopping it either, we would both be happy! Well this past month we decided to actualy "try" and so we did it almost every other day. Now, I was supposed to get my cycle on the 10th-11th ...now here we are at the 19th and NOTHING?! I have no symptoms of either though? And two test came out negative. I am never this late??? I am so confused! Sorry, I guess im not much help .. just venting ... I guess all we can really do is wait it out! Good luck and LOTS of baby dust to you ******

!!!

Good luck to both of you....I have been at this for a while now and I will tell you that when you want to be pregnant you "feel" pregnant. I am 36 years old and my hubby and I have been trying for 5 years. Fertility drugs and all...I am still not pregnant. Anyway, the bad thing about PMS other than it just being PMS is that the symptoms are so much like early pregnancy. I have had all of these symptoms including the "feeling" of being pregnant and it turned out that I wasnt. I am not a doctor so I am not saying that you are definately not pregnant, but dont get your hopes up too high if you are late and are still having negative tests....you are young however and time is on your side so even if you are not, you have plenty of time so stop worrying so much. Worry and stress can have negative effects on hormones and ovulation so relax and it will happen....Good Luck!

!GimmeCandy!

I know this may not help you in any way, but I would go ahead and schedule an appt. with your Dr. to do blood testing (which is fool proff and won't lie like some HPT's) and in the meantime every other day or so take a HPT using 1st urine of the day so it's more concentrated and gives you better results. It sucks, but sometimes when we want to be pregnant SO badly our bodies fool us into thinking we are, when in reality we aren't. Until you get to the Dr. for confirmation try not to think about it, or stress out - that makes the wait 10X's harder. My husband and I TTC for 6 months (naturally, meaning no BC we just let it happen) with our 2nd, and when I finally did get my BFP (after many times of being let down) we were absolutely exstatic! Just baby dance as much as possible and let it happen naturally. Good Luck and baby dust!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information