Ok, so a while back I purchased a large bridge for my Pleco to hide underneath. He loves it, and stays under there for most of the day (he comes out at night, he's quite grumpy! He's 6 years old), but I have recently noticed a lot of algae has been building up in all it's crevices.
I've sought advice already, but bleaching it sounds a little extreme!
To the person who said 'plecos eat algae', yes they do, but as plecos mature they tend to go off algae. This is what has happened with mine.
@blueeye

I have very efficient biological filtration and the algae is an absolute eyesore.
Have you ever seen an experienced aquarist with a dirty, algae ridden tank? I think not.

You are telling me that i shouldnt clean the tank, filter or any ornaments? Well, this very fish tank was given to me from a family who let the same thing happen. When i got to their house to pick it up, i found the filter was clogged, the water was black, it stank of eggs, and there was grey sludge underneath the gravel. If you are telling me not to clean a fish tank then you should not be keeping fish.
@blueeye

I have very efficient biological filtration and the algae is an absolute eyesore.
Have you ever seen an experienced aquarist with a dirty, algae ridden tank? I think not.

You are telling me that i shouldnt clean the tank, filter or any ornaments? Well, this very fish tank was given to me from a family who let the same thing happen. When i got to their house to pick it up, i found the filter was clogged, the water was black, it stank of eggs, and there was grey sludge underneath the gravel. If you are telling me not to clean a fish tank then you should not be keeping fish.
@blueeye

@blueeye

@blueeye

@blueeye

@blueeye

@blueeye

@blueeye