Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    !!60 5pur5 60!!

My sister is a drug addict and interfering with my family what do I do?

My 24 year older sister has had dramatic personality changes in the past several years. She now is involved with street drugs, has announced she is bisexual, dropped out of college, refuses to get a job and is extremely irrational and moody. My parents have done everything in their power to help her giving her money, buying her a new car and she is ALWAYS welcome to come home to live. She recently ran out of money and places to stay but refuses to live at my parents and has asked or hinted multiple times that she would like to stay with myself, husband and newborn in our 2 br apt. My parents do not understand the extent of her problems and are upset I do not want her to. They seem to want to use me to make her come home and be around. I finally gave in one night when my husband had an old friend over feeling sorry for her and invited her to go out with them while I stayed home with the baby. She drank half a bottle of alcohol before they even left spilled it all over did not clean it up asked to hold my baby and got alcohol all over him. After they left and got home from the bar that night she was WASTED and had sex with the friend all night on my couch even as I was up and down taking care of the baby. The next morning I wanted them out but she layed in the bathroom for 2 hours while my mother came over to help me clean up. My husband and his friend left and she still would not leave even when I did with the baby. Instead I finally came home and she had smoked weed in my bathroom allday and was throwing up. I told my husband his friend had to get a hotel for his last night in town and when they came to get his stuff she begged them both to go out with her again. She kept asking my husband to smoke weed with her and find a way to convince me to let him go out. She finally left with his friend and this morning called my husband at work to say they were on the way over to my apt. When they arrived I did not answer the door or their calls. My parents don't get it and think I am being a bad sister- they just think I don't like her bc she is moody and have no clue. Should I tell them and break her confidence (she only has told my husband about the drugs)? Should I let her stay with me? HELP I AM AT MY WITS END!

!P4Kii ~n~ PR0UD!

Good question.I am always happy to help.I have watched Steve Wilkos a couple of times and I have seen people that are just like your sister.Try calling Steve Wilkos.I don't know what to tell you other than this.Hope I helped!!

!*! animal crazy !*!

No you should not, and this does not make you a bad sister at all, use tough love otherwise she will continue to think what she does is alright.

!g!z

WOW. That is my first reaction. I am honestly really sorry that you have to deal with this its not fair. What this girl needs is rehab, she is just loosing her mind and needs to hit rock bottom, you should really not let her stay with you, she should realize on her own and hit rock bottom, thats really the only way people change, because if you keep sheltering her she won't know how hard and scared she will be on her own. You are a great person and care about her a lot, but she needs some discipline or she won't learn because she is ruining her own life. Let her figure out what to do instead of you interfering, you do need to tell your parents and you should all keep a pact that "your parents don't know." Or else she won't trust you and won't tell you anything anymore. After she hits rock bottom she should go to a rehab for drugs and get back on track before she ruins her life. By letting her stay with you, you are enabling her to continue that same behavior, maybe you should speak with a drug therapist or some type of therapist as well. Good luck honey, you are doing the right thing. <33

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information