I was trapped inside a large hollow perspex tube which was inside an abandoned factory stairwell that was within an old industrial estate. the tube was lodged inbetween trolleys and junk partially under the stairs. It was really dim and gloomy but my heart was racing. The perspex tube was yellowish and discoloured with pungent smelling smear on the outside. The plastic started to bubble and melt and began sticking to me as i panicked. I became one with the horrid plastic mess and it felt like my skin was falling off.

this was the horrible climax of the dream but after this i lay there feeling like a corpse, watching the wallpaper crack and fester for what seemed like hours.

I woke up with a jolt, covered in sweat at 3am and was not able to go back to sleep.

I had a horrific experience last night, does this dream mean anything and is there any way of stopping it happening again. I'm really worried and anxious.
1) that is no use
2) i don't buy into that "dream catcher" stuff... seems like a waste of time. Also keeping a journal will just keep my horrible dreams in my mind