wow, i'm a jerk. i'm a junior. so there's this really sweet senior at my highschool who is mentally challenged. i'm always really nice to him , he's such a nice guy & kids are always picking on him so i make sure i'm extra nice. well i guess today he told my best friend that he wants to ask me to prom. yes, i know i'm the biggest jerk ever for not wanting to go with him. but honestly, i wasn't going to go with anyone ! me & my bestfriend were going to go alone this year! now i feel like crap because i really don't want to hurt this guy because he's so sweet and he get's sad a lot because people are mean to him. i don't want to hurt him, but even though this sounds so bad , i don't want to go to prom with him either !

PLEASE PLEASE HELP. i don't know what to do! how should i tell him i don't want to go with him? or should i just stop being selfish & go with him? i really feel awful about this.
JK- reality check, just because people get made fun of doesn't mean it's right. where would our world be if there wasn't the few who stuck up for them? it's honestly like you have no heart at all. this boy is mentally challenged, mentally challenged teens have so many other hardships in life they should not have to deal with being picked on in school. your answer was no help at all. thanks to all the other people with answers though, it's greatly appreciated.