Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    finblock

Mazda spare keys - yikes! $125???

I just bought a used 2007 Mazda 6i. It only came with one key and I just found out that the spare costs $125, or $180 if we get one that has all the remote control stuff on it. Is there any better / cheaper way to deal with this problem? It's part of the security system and the entire car has to be reprogrammed.

captsead0nkey
    The reason for the price is that each key has a computer chip in them that have to be programmed to the car to start up. Also many of the new keys are laser cut, which some designs not being able to be copied on standard key copy machines.
    The car does not have to be reprogrammed, but the key has to be programmed to the car, which takes about 3 mins to have done.

Jeffrey M
    I would go to the dealer who sold the car to me and find out why i only got one key because when i got my mazda 6i it came with two keys with remotes. they are trying to rip you off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information