Yet us humans all breed like crazy and there are no "health tests" and this and that to see if you're good enough to produce offspring...I know it has to do with rights and all that, but if someone has 2 purebred dogs and they weren't thoroughly screened, people will be like ohh well that's not a "reputable" breeder etc etc.
Why so picky with dogs, but people with all kinds of histories of diseases and such will have babies left and right and no one says anything?
I doubt that they have any kind of "health standard" at adoption clinics for children. Most probably don't even have a known genetic history...People of mixed "breeds" have babies all the time, why is it so BAD and "risky" to get a mutt when you don't know where it came from?
I don't know, i can't explain it all but it's just odd to me that it seems people care more about the quality of dogs than they do humans.

disclaimer: I do NOT believe in BYB or anything like that. ALL my pets are fixed and I'll never add to the pet population.
I love mixed breeds and I'm not saying mixing breeds or races is bad...just don't get how people are so particular about their dogs parents being so healthy, but when THEY make a baby they don't think about that.