Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    ballarz23

My 2001 Mazda 626 will not start?

Hi my Mazda 626 2001 lx 4cyl will not start. It is winter time and I think it is the battery. This happened last year also. I do not drive this car because of salt on the roads, instead I drive my 89 Toyota Camry. Why does this problem keep on occurring? I changed the battery last year, it's fine. Why does this happen every year? Is it the alternator? last time I got it checked the alternator was running fine and started up well. It got to -40 wind chill maybe that set it off. It's in the garage so I think it shouldn't feel wind chill. Any suggestions?
    the car tries to start makes the startup noise then just stops

CLAYTON M
    clock radio is running 24/7

Dr. Car Guy
    Not real sure, somewhere in that paragraph you forgot to mention what is happening with the vehicle. Is it not cranking, is it cranking, is it getting no fuel, or is it getting fuel, did the timing belt break etc...

Anthony B
    Yah need a few more details, however I will guarantee you its not anything from the 14 yo if my piston was sparking I would be worried. And if there was air in the carb I hope not... no way!!!!!! BECAUSE THIS IS FUEL INJECTED.

Get the battery load tested just for sh-ts and giggles, if the alternator is good along with the fuel pump then this is the most likely cause.

EDIT: If it turns over and stops then it could be either a bad starter or solenoid, if it cranks endlessly and does not start then it sounds like a fuel pump on its last legs.

hey_yall
    you need to put your battery on a trickle charger so it can keep up with your electronics and so your battery wont freeze

damon.mclaren
    It sounds to me that something is freezing up so no air can get into the carborator or maybe the pistons aren't sparking, umm see if the spark plug is alright the oil maybe you foget to change it this time every year and i can't think of anything else because you didn't really explain well hope i helped.

damon.mclaren
    It sounds to me that something is freezing up so no air can get into the carborator or maybe the pistons aren't sparking, umm see if the spark plug is alright the oil maybe you foget to change it this time every year and i can't think of anything else because you didn't really explain well hope i helped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information