Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    masterchief24

If President Obama makes a speach to encourage black people would he be criticized?

why would he need to give a speech to one particular color of people?doesn't that seem, kind of like a democrat tactic from 1965 in alabama?not really a modern approach, or a solution. divided we fall... now who said that? right, a republican named lincoln.here is another famous quote from a famous republican you may know and love".... a man should be judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin" - Martin Luther Kingi am not a republican, but i am mixed race, and i despise racism.

philly67

If President Obama makes a speach to encourage black people would he be criticized?

Why should Obama address just blacks in the first place?? That in its self is very racist, and "rednecks" and people in general would have every right to critisise. I love how everyone just ignores the fact that Obama is half WHITE aswellEveryone needs to stop focusing on the colour and start focusing on Obama's plans for America

masterofdisturbia

No, there is nothing wrong with that. I actually think he's been very candid about his choice of words. He's been very professional and hasn't made any comments or statements that can comeback to haunt him. His wife is a different story, however.

masterskier25

The more speeches he makes to black people, the better. He is a great role model: Get a good education, work hard, and you CAN be successful. Too many black kids have grown up believing they don’t have a fair shot at success. Barack Obama is living proof that they do have a chance if they work at it. Can you imagine growing up believing that your prospects are limited because of your color? I know a guy who had polio as a child and has been using a wheelchair ever since. He is today a very successful attorney. He didn’t believe he was crippled. He believed he could use his mind, if not his legs, and he has done that very well.Whoever you are and whatever you do, your accomplishments will NEVER exceed your own efforts.President Obama will be criticized for waking up in the morning. It goes with the territory. But I don't think that will deter him from doing his job as best he can. He's no doubt used to criticism.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information