Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PhillyPhan

Obama reverses abortion funding policy?

Please read this carefully before you answer, I really want to learn about why this has been done! At first, When I read this headline, I felt my heart sink. I don't want my Government offering money to organizations who delve out abortions to third world countries and provide abortion education. My question to the YA community is this: Is there a good reason (or reasons) for Obama reversing the policy we had under Bush regarding abortion funding?Thanks to everyone who answered. I get it. I don't agree with abortion for myself. However, I have not lived in a way where I could not feed my babies either, or been raped and become pregnant, or anything like that. Like one of the answerers said, ALL options should be available to humans in need of resources. Thanks again to everyone for your answers.

darrkstar

They believe it's ok to kill babies.

mastercowbell

Reagan started it in 1983. Clinton reversed it in 1993. Bush put it back in 2001. It's a political ping-pong ball.

phillip24fan

He is not "funding international abortions."He is funding groups that do abortions, or provide info on abortions; but not JUST that.They provide family counseling, teen counseling, abstinence education, birth control methods, adoption information (and sometimes adoption placements), and ALL info on abortion (including the emotional ramifications of going with that as the choice).They do far more than JUST abortions, and they don't encourage abortions. They simply provide info, ALL info, on the subject. And I do agree with Obama doing that. Because education is the key to ending abortion. No one aborts a wanted pregnancy, so education can help them avoid unwanted pregnancies. These places provide information on how to avoid an unwanted pregnancy; so the girl can make sure that she only gets pregnant when she actually wants to be.And if she accidentally gets pregnant anyway, she is provided the help she needs (even if the family won't or can't stand by her) in hopes that it will be enough to convince her to have the baby.

masterkeystoper

Of course there is a good reason for this. Women are now given more opportunities to have an abortion. Money is now going to be sent to abortion faculties.

darrrrlaaaa

It's being reported falsely in a lot of the press. It isn't funding FOR abortion. It's funding for widely recognized health organizations that were denied funding under the Bush administration because they accepted abortion as a viable option in some cases.So it isn't money directly for abortion. It's money for health organizations that aren't against abortion.

masterchief24

The president is going to reverse many of the former prezidents policies. Get used to it. Life goes on, we suffered for eight years in the dark, at last there is light at the end of that dark tunnel

darron_pt

Bush reversed Clinton's policy, which was a policy put in place by Reagan and reversed by Clinton.Not a big deal.

masterdiaryboy

Educating people, no matter where they are from that you can avoid pregnancy by using condoms is the only intelligent program and that is what the funding will do.

mastercowbell

i think its wrong but people shouldnt be surprised...Obama was for abortion during the run for president he told Evryone!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information