cares about his creation? The Christians that have accepted the theory of evolution are proposing a doctrine called "theistic evolution" - that God employed the process of evolution to create human life, and God directs evolution.

It is not a scientific theory, but I think the Christians that come up with this debatable doctrine is attempting to reconcile Christianity and the Christian idea of God.

However, The course of evolution has been chaotic and violent. Most living species that have ever lived have gone extinct. Living things have to compete with each other for scarce resources, and not all species survive, and most die out from competition with others. Predator and prey are in an evolutionary arms race against each other; predators evolve more efficient ways to catch and kill prey, while prey evolve new ways to evade and flee from predators in order to survive, ever at conflict.

All living things have to suffer and struggle to survive, with a high extinction rate and thus a high likelihood that each kind of organism will not be around forever. Suggesting that God intended for this to happen is suggesting that God does not understand, or is indifferent to the suffering of his creation, and thus intends evolution to happen.

This God is in stark contrast to the God portrayed in Abrahamic monotheism; in these faiths, it is held that God does care about his creations and wishes them to prosper and thrive.

Would accepting this new idea of theistic evolution would appear to contradict the notion that God cares about and looks out for his creations, if God is willing to let so much of his creation die off, and subject his creation to a brutal existence?

I see evolution as compatible with the Deist notion of God - that God created the universe, does not intervene with the course of events, and does not understand/is indifferent to the suffering of creation; however, how can theistic evolution be compatible with a loving God?
typo: In the second paragraph, I mean "reconcile evolution and the Christian idea of God."

Apologies.