Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can anyone think that Fox News is Fair and balanced?

I AM NOT DEFENDING ANY OTHER NETWORK!! But Fox news prides themselves so much on being "fair and balanced" when they are VERY far from it. My Dad watches it all the time and can not see OBVIOUS statements made that favor the right.

Before you start making obnoxious comments about how I am a liberal hippie and use the same recycled insults, know that I am actually very moderate. I hate both Democrats and Republicans. The disappearance of those two parties would do nothing but good for this country.

The only reason someone would think this is if they only watched FOX News and no other network. I've watched MSNBC, FOX, and CNN and I must say FOX and MSNBC go to the extreme of the left vs. the right. CNN seems to be for moderates or those who are independent, and in comparison to the other two CNN is the least biased. I don't like FOX for the simple reason they are too biased towards the right. I do watch MSNBC but again they are too biased towards the left, and they bash the right. I guess if you don't want bashing of any kind watch CNN at least they provide both sides in a somewhat professional manner.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only to those who refuse to compare to other news sources.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you saying that the government is not on the verge of shutting down? There wasn't a 9.0 Earthquake in Japan? There isn't a no-fly zone going on in Libya? Knute the polar bear didn't actually die? These are all things Fox News has reported.

I suspect you, like a lot of people, can't differentiate between the opinion and the News shows. How about providing a "fair and balanced" specific beef you have with Fox.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so tired of the Fox News obsession.

For crying out loud, you have been indoctrinated since birth by liberal thinkers who dominate the entertainment industry, the music industry, education, media, print.....of course you see "bias", but it's really just a different point of view.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You obviously don't watch it..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At least we agree on hating both parties. I genuinely commend you for not being part of the rabble, the mindless herd parroting party propaganda.

Regarding Fox News, we have a disagreement. I can see how some people view Fox as "unbalanced" and I am not even saying whether I believe they have an obvious agenda or bias. Heres the real issue. We make such statements based on contrast and comparison. Its relative to the media environment as a whole. So in a world with CBS, CNN and MSNBC it is easy to see how Fox looks like the "outlier" and therefore unbalanced to the whole.

Fox is very different from the pack, to be sure, but that still doesnt prove that its not balanced or more partisan than the whole. If the rest of the pack is literally in the back pocket of the DNC, and Fox is not, perceptual bias kicks in and tells the brain "they are different, unbalanced".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that they're biased. But they're still the best News network on cable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information