Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To the majority of glam metal bands:
    A bunch of cocky 'we're only it for sex" bands. Thinks 20 minute guitar solos are worth listening to, so we're gonna show off and that's all we'll do. Only had a couple big hits but they're still "popular". We're also going to hate on other bands because we're big crap and we deserve to. We're gonna beat up punks, and artsy guys because they're not macho enough yet we have the biggest hair and proudly wear make-up and wear even tighter (leather) pants!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not here to talk sh*t on any band or whatever, but there were some pretty f*cking stupid Pantera rants on here. Pantera is my favorite, and I can understand if someone doesnt like thier style, and I knew it was coming- but damn, those were some faggott-ass reasons.
    1)The whole metalcore crap is really over said. "Underground/America" doesnt sound remotely like metalcore, and "Suicide Note 2" has 1 three-second riff that is arguably metalcore, I'l admit. And disliking a band for a gay band/genre that came AFTER them is as bullsh*it as saying Black Sabbath sucks because they inspired Pantera. See how idiotic that logic is?
    2)The whole glam change- The whole change is said like it was an overnight thing. CFH was heavily glam sounding and even Vulgar Display still had glam sound in it, so it was a rather slow proggression to what they are seen as today, the aggressive stuff and all, rather than the band wagon hopping thing it is talked about as .And alot of their glam was before Phil was in the band. He joined when they were writing "Power Metal" album, which is power metal, not glam. Pantera never wore makeup. Just putting that out.
    3) Of course the fans are pot smoking Texans, Pantera's from F*cking Texas for fucks sake. And there wasnt a single potleaf on any one of their albums, to the guy who said that.
    4) @Jon well idk what to say. If thats your opinion, then I cant change it, but to anyone who is a fan of Pantera or has listened to it with an open mind would think otherwise. As a matter of fact,you literally just described the exact opposite of how I would, ya know, about you saying their music being boring and wannabe and repetitive/unmelodic. Pantera had a HEAVY melody, you know, thats why its called f*cking GROOVE METAL. But whatever, I just wanted to clear some stuff up. I know im not the only one who felt this way. Im not hear to start sh*t, just my long-ass opinion is all. And you might be right about Slayer, although Im a fan.
    And Tigers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    U2
    http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090128/Superbowl/U2-Bono-2002-jacket-flag_l.jpg

Need I say more?

BA: Lions.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    U2
    http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090128/Superbowl/U2-Bono-2002-jacket-flag_l.jpg

Need I say more?

BA: Lions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information