I am part of an Organization trying to raise money for Crohn's and Colitis. With this money will go towards CCFA (Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America) for research to help find a cure. I while trying to get donations and sponsorships I will be training to run a half marathon in Napa Valley (Which will be my very 1st Half Marathon) who we are running in honor of a team members son. I don't have experience in fund raising and I'm not sure how to go about sponsorships. I've sent out e-mails to friends and family and I'm getting the same replies. "good luck" "I'm that's great that your doing this"..."I'm not giving you my money". so It's geting a little tough. and I'm running out of options any ideas would help. I'm a single mom with about 3 close friends. I'm currently unemployed because I've been a stay at home mom for the past 3 years. and currently going through a divorce. I have a lot on my plate I know but this will not stop me from trying to help this boy find a cure. My heart is to big and I can not just give up. This is where everyone reading this comes in handy. I need tips ...ideas...comments.. anything would help.
Thanks
Mary