Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How serious is discrimination against Gays and why is the legalization of gay...

...marriage important? Under federal law, more than 1,100 rights and benefits to marriage exist, none of which is available to gay and lesbian couples. Yes, you can do some complicated estate planning, but virtually all of the rights marriage conveys on a federal level are simply unavailable without full marriage rights.

Social Security and survivor benefits, tax benefits, Family and Medical Leave Act, immigration rights, estate taxes and equal access to a spouse’s retirement and benefits packages, including health care, are the obvious choices, but many of the federal rights of marriage are things most people never think of, such as spousal immunity in federal prosecutions.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In nature when you mate you have to have the means to reproduce (male Female) thats what it takes to have a ligit marriage

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it isnt neccesery

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Discrimination is serious no matter who it is against. And the legalization of gay marriage is important because it's none of the government's damn business who you choose to marry.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Discrimination is serious no matter who it is against. And the legalization of gay marriage is important because it's none of the government's damn business who you choose to marry.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same sex marriage is a separate issue than discrimination of gays. I oppose same sex marriage and I also oppose discrimination on the basis of sexual preference. Polygamists are not allowed to marry either. So, why should homosexuals have more rights than polygamists?

How serious is it that gays can't even get gay marriage legalized with a Democrat President and damn near a Democrat super-majority in Congress, before they got largely voted out in the mid-term that is?

(Having said that, I, personally, couldn't give a frog's fat @ss whether or not it's legalized. I'm just sayin'.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All the things you mentioned are why gay marriage should be legal. Add to that the right of a same sex partner to make medical decisions for their loved one. If I am sick and cannot make those decisions my hubby can make them, the same should be true for gay couples.

As to the making babies argument, there are many women that cannot conceive a child, should they not be able to marry either?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All the things you mentioned are why gay marriage should be legal. Add to that the right of a same sex partner to make medical decisions for their loved one. If I am sick and cannot make those decisions my hubby can make them, the same should be true for gay couples.

As to the making babies argument, there are many women that cannot conceive a child, should they not be able to marry either?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Telling someone they can`t do something that does not harm others makes people feel like they are being looked down upon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information